Buffalo Bills 2019 Regular Season (6-2) - Next game @ Cleveland (2/6) on 11/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Yeah, you articulated the set-up more clearly than I did. I was mostly thinking of just WC implications for those instances like the early 2010s when Seattle finished with a 7-9 record and got to host a 10-6 or 11-5 Saints team because the rest of the NFC West was trash.

It was in 2010 playoff in early 2011.

Sesttle at 7-9 hosted a saint team at 11-5

Also that year there was a 12-4 Ravens snd 11-5 Jets WC teams at 10-6 division winners KC (5) and Indy (3)

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
That is a very large spread this weekend -16.5. As long as the offense does not turn the ball over I will expect a similar game to what we have played this year as we head into the meat of the schedule. Will be good to have Singletary back and we should take advantage of a weak secondary. I would like to see Josh hit a deep one. Weather looks like a good WNY fall day. Bills 27-13

Last edited:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
That is a very large spread this weekend. As long as the offense does not turn the ball over I will expect a similar game to what we have played this year as we head into the meat of the schedule. Will be good to have Singletary back and we should take advantage of a weak secondary. I would like to see Josh hit a deep one. Weather looks like a good WNY fall day. Bills 27-13
Spread will likely narrow either as pro-Dolphin money flows in as gameday grows nearer, or coach(es) reverse their recent decision that Rosen will start the rest of the season and instead name Fitzpatrick the starter vs. BUF. I expect Fitzpatrick to play some, regardless.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
That is a very large spread this weekend. As long as the offense does not turn the ball over I will expect a similar game to what we have played this year as we head into the meat of the schedule. Will be good to have Singletary back and we should take advantage of a weak secondary. I would like to see Josh hit a deep one. Weather looks like a good WNY fall day. Bills 27-13
The offense needs to start converting drives into touchdowns. They faced two good defenses and are still in the early stages with a completely revamped line and WR core, so I've been lenient these first few weeks, but it's time to put up points.

They have some weak defenses they're going up against these next couple of weeks. The Dolphins are the Dolphins and the Eagles secondary is absolutely trash this year. These are great games to get the offense in a flow. If they flutter again, and only put up a couple of scores I'm going to be a bit more harsh on them.

We know the defense can lock teams down; it's time for the offense to take the next step. If that happens, then we may make some noise in the playoffs.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Tidbits

Bills have not been 16.5 favorites since 1992.

Other AFC teams making trades today. CB Marcus Peters going to BAL. T Trent Williams apparently will be going to Cleveland (Being denied by Redskins).

Last edited:
Reactions: Dingo44

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Desperation will do that. Still if the Rams have a great second half of the season and make the playoffs those picks will be outside the top 20.

If I am Beane and top trade targets are getting firsts, I am passing unless I am 99% positive of big impact
Von Miller did interest me, but the more I look at the the defense the less I see a fit. I'd love to have an elite pass rushing DE, but to my knowledge Von Miller has never played DE. It's a but risky.

Diggs is my number one target, but i wouldn't want to pay more than a 3rd for him, and I dont think that gets it done. Maybe we can get AJ Green for cheap as f***? Like a 6th rounder?

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The Raiders traded a 3rd and a 5th for Antonio Brown.
In a world where Ramsey cost two 1sts and a 4th I suppose it's possible AJ Green retrieves a 2nd round pick. Luckily, our GM isnt dumb enough to waste quality capital on an aging WR who cant stay healthy.

I loved AJ Green pre-2016. Dude was a beast. He ain't the same player any more, unfortunately.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Eek! That's an overpay for a 31 year old injury prone WR who has only eclipsed 1000 yards once since 2016.

woah. He had over a 1000 yards and played 16 games in 2017...

and in 2016, he had 964 yards in 10 games.

Saying he hasn’t eclipsed 1000 yards since 2016 is super misleading. He tore something in 2016. That was the extent of his injuries until last year. Not ready to call him injury prone.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Bills don't need a super star receiver. Just let Allen throw to the open receiver. No need to have to force throws to feed someone. Favre made his receivers in GB early in his career, same with Brady early on.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Desperation will do that. Still if the Rams have a great second half of the season and make the playoffs those picks will be outside the top 20.

If I am Beane and top trade targets are getting firsts, I am passing unless I am 99% positive of big impact
I am a huge Ramsey critic. I don't think he is an elite corner and he is selfish. As an FSU fan, he was fairly dominant against shit teams but was exposed against good teams.

A single first round pick would have been an overpayment with his 5th year option and pending new deal.
Two firsts is absurd
Two firsts and a 4th is O'Reilly bad.

I imagine he gets exposed in LA but will be much happier there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dubi Doo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->