Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
20120510115535-Ice-Baths.png

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I really wish we would've taken the 3 points in the first quarter. I knew this would've been a defensive battle+it was almost 2 full yards. We have a good kicker. Let him do his job. Those points are important.

It's crazy- the Titans defense gave in at the end there. It seemed like they were completely worn out. We were driving the ball with ease, and they knew what we were going to do. We won the battle of will- that's for damn sure.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I really wish we would've taken the 3 points in the first quarter. I knew this would've been a defensive battle+it was almost 2 full yards. We have a good kicker. Let him do his job. Those points are important.

It's crazy- the Titans defense gave in at the end there. It seemed like they were completely worn out. We were driving the ball with ease, and they knew what we were going to do. We won the battle of will- that's for damn sure.

I was okay with them going for it, but I hated the play call. I get going for the FG though for sure.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I was okay with them going for it, but I hated the play call. I get going for the FG though for sure.
I liked the decision to go for it but hated the play call too. Should have been allen on a keeper straight ahead or naked boot to long side of field (IIRC, ball was centered between hashes so not sure there was a long side of the field).

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
GettyImages-1174186620-1024x683.jpg

7 observations from Bills' win over Titans: Allen bounces...

After a disappointing home loss in Week 4, the Buffalo Bills returned to form in the place that has felt most comfortable — on the road. With a 14-7 victory over the Tennessee Titans on Sunday, the Bills improved to 3-0 away from Orchard Park.

It was far from a sure thing for the Bills; it looked downright murky for them down the stretch of the afternoon. However, as they did in previous victories over the Jets and Bengals, the Bills found a way.

Seven observations from the win and the Bills’ 4-1 start to the season:
1. Allen has a necessary bounce-back game, but what’s the deal with the third quarter?
2. The Bills send Jones a distinct message
3. Daboll’s go-to personnel group
4. Johnson shook off a slow start to have a big impact
5. Titans attempted to pick on base defense
6. The two under-the-radar defenders who had great games
7. How were the Titans not prepared for McKenzie?

Last edited:
Reactions: WeDislikeEich

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY

I think the numbers say that going for it is better in a vacuum, but in that particular game I thought the FG would be more valuable than usual. It was honestly out of character for McDermott, he's usually cautious to a fault.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012

The titans sold out on runs up the middle trying to get a TFL, instead the bills got through it. Whenever that happens it is a big gainer. Just like a lot of 3rd and shorts that turn into huge runs. When you take out the layers of defense trying for a negative play it is easy for that to blow up in your face.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Crazy that the Bills could conceivably get to 11 wins just by beating teams with losing records (Dolphins X2, Jets, Washington, Broncos, Steelers, Browns), depending on how the Browns and Steelers seasons play out.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

Almost every game the other teams D seems to have faded towards the end.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I think the numbers say that going for it is better in a vacuum, but in that particular game I thought the FG would be more valuable than usual. It was honestly out of character for McDermott, he's usually cautious to a fault.
Game situation I think going for the FG would have been fine as well.

My bigger issue with going for it was the play they called. You don't freakin' call that on 4th and 2, even if it's a short 2. Not against the defense!

edit: I see now many others already stated the same thing.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
McDermott needs an analytics team like Frank Reich.
How analytics are changing the Colts one decision at a time

“The sheets we use change from week to week based on the opponent, based on what their record is, based on who their quarterback is – based on everything,” Reich said. “It’s really customized each week. How much of an (impact) does that have on when you go for it on fourth down, for example? Maybe only a little bit. (The data) might say you should go for it on fourth and 2 versus this team but against another team it’s fourth and 4 based on all the factors, even weather. I mean, they include everything. Indoors, outdoors, bad weather, you name it.”

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY

IIRC, on one of the runs, Gore sidestepped an unblocked defender in the backfield and then had a ton of room outside because everyone on defense sold out to stop the run up the middle.

I was also surprised McD didn't take the field goal there, wonder if he was just concerned about the conditions making it significantly more difficult than a typical long 40s FG. Didn't like the sneak attempt on 4th and 2, though. I would've rather seen an RPO or a designed Allen run.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Almost every game the other teams D seems to have faded towards the end.
The perks of winning the ToP battle. The defense is getting a ton more rest than last year, and they're also getting good field position to defend unless Josh throws an INT.
Leslie Frazier has been a god send
Shit, I remember I was calling for his head after the first 2 games last year. McDermott took over play calling during the LA game, and the defense started to look competent. He then had a talk with Leslie, and they improved tenfold. I may be wrong, but I believe every blowout loss came when Peterman was starting. Impressive what that kid did to team morale.

Last edited:

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Our whole short yardage game hasn't been there yet. I would love a designated QB run for allen when he isn't taking the snap under center.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Feliciano was such a steal. Great signing. Dude shifted over to center when Morse went out, and didnt miss a step. A lot of teams would have folded with the injuries they dealt with on Sunday, but they found a way to win. This team has CHARACTER

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

The Bills improved to 4-1 for first time since 2011 with a win on the road vs. the Tennessee Titans. NYUP.com's Matt Parrino breaks down the game and what to make of Josh Allen's performance, the debut of Duke Williams, and Jordan Phillips' 3-sack day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->