Buffalo Bills 2019 Regular Season (3-1) - Game 5 October 6th at TEN (2-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
It was a tough fought game that the Bills of old would have lost 9/10 times. Glad they won. There is no such thing as “style wins” in the NFL. We have 11 games left and winning 5-6 of them with who is on our schedule isn’t out of the realm of possibility at all.

Honestly if we’re in any other AFC division; with this defense we’d probably run away with the division. However because we are with New England we’re almost certainly only going to be fighting for a 5 seed. Which in my current thinking we will play the winner of the North. Which of course means if we win we’ll go to either NE or KC. And yes, I know it is WAY TO EARLY for that but it is also nice to be able to think like that after 5 weeks VS wondering who is in next years draft at this point of the season.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Bills remaining opponents in their final 11 games:
4 games vs. teams with winning records (PHI, DAL, BAL, NE).
5 games against currently winless teams (MIA x2, NYJ, DEN, WAS).
17-32 remaining 2019 opponents win percentage.

If we beat the currently winless teams -- that's 9. Split the other 6 games? 12 wins. Unreal how things are setting up for us. Even allows for the typical Buffalo slip-up once or twice.

We're not winning easily, but we're winning. I'm VERY glad we have our bye next week....hopefully we come back at near full strength.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

He looked like an All Pro today. I bet he's looking forward to playing his former team.

Jordan Phillips - Wikipedia
Miami Dolphins

Phillips was drafted with the 52nd overall pick in the second round by the Miami Dolphins of the 2015 NFL Draft.[10] During his rookie year in 2015, Phillips played 15 games making 19 tackles, 2 sacks, and 4 passes defended.[11]
Phillips entered the 2018 season as a starting defensive tackle. However his playing time dipped as the season progressed, leading to an outburst on the sideline about his playing time in a Week 4 blowout loss to the New England Patriots.[12] On October 2, 2018, Phillips was waived by the Dolphins.[13]
Buffalo Bills

On October 3, 2018, Phillips was claimed off waivers by the Buffalo Bills.[14]
On March 4, 2019, Phillips re-signed with the Bills.[15]

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Apparently Darryl Johnson blocked the short FG attempt that came up short. Huge play in the game, really.

Baltimore wins. Dunno if that's good or bad for Buffalo. Probably bad if Pittsburgh's down to their 3rd string QB for any length of time, but they aren't the disaster it looked like they could be when Roethlisburger went down.

It's also pretty apparent that Baltimore (and Jackson) got overhyped when they pounded the crap out of an awful Miami team in week 1. Their offense has been pretty average since then.

Bad, because Miami owns Pittsburgh's 1st rounder.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Ed Oliver was a beast today. Really hoping he gets sack#1 soon. Def surprised Johnson got his first before Oliver.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
This team isn't good enough to be assuming wins over anyone. Luck is high. Kickers have been remarkably terrible in 2 games, and an obvious missed hold was big in the Bengals game.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
This team isn't good enough to be assuming wins over anyone. Luck is high. Kickers have been remarkably terrible in 2 games, and an obvious missed hold was big in the Bengals game.

Goes both ways. After 2 decades of refs directly costing us dozens of games literally it is about time we get those iffy calls our way.

And the AFC is bad this year. KC and New England are the 2 best. Then it is honestly us and Baltimore for 3rd best. I still am not sold on Baltimore being all that special.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
But...unlike two years ago....they've actually statistically outplayed the teams they have beaten. More yards, ToP, more 1st downs, etc...the fact they're 4-1 with the amount they turn the football over speaks volumes.

And that first Titans TD was a result of two terrible calls: one against Milano and the encroachment against Murphy. If those calls dont happen, the Titans may not have even had a TD this game, so I dont care about missed calls...they go both ways, and if you've been a fan of football for more than a year you should understand that.

Truth is, they're a pretty good team this year. If Allen takes the next step, then they'll be a great team. He shows flashes, but he has yet to put a full game together. *fingers crossed*

Last edited:

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Goes both ways. After 2 decades of refs directly costing us dozens of games literally it is about time we get those iffy calls our way.

And the AFC is bad this year. KC and New England are the 2 best. Then it is honestly us and Baltimore for 3rd best. I still am not sold on Baltimore being all that special.
Baltimore just got whipped by the Browns in Baltimore...they are nothing compared to the Browns imo the Browns D is one of the best in the league and their offense should be able to get it together soon considering they just put up 40 on the Ravens.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Baltimore just got whipped by the Browns in Baltimore...they are nothing compared to the Browns imo the Browns D is one of the best in the league and their offense should be able to get it together soon considering they just put up 40 on the Ravens.
Their offense may be all glamour and no substance. They have a pretty bad o line and their coaching leaves a lot to be desired. Not a good recipe for success, but they do have potential to be very good if their coaching evolves. No guarantee there.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
They've been winning the battle of the trenches. Blocking and tackling is basic football. It's not a gimmick. It's not luck. The truth is they should be winning by more.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Bojorquez was good today

Also yeah don't count chickens before they hatch but lol if you think they shouldn't walk over Miami and Washington

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

no one who has watched these five games would say luck has been on our side. I suspect you haven’t watched these games

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Bojorquez was good today

Also yeah don't count chickens before they hatch but lol if you think they shouldn't walk over Miami and Washington
Any given Sunday. You can't take any team for granted. Not even the Dolphins. They'll get their 1-3 wins against someone who takes them lightly.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Any given Sunday. You can't take any team for granted. Not even the Dolphins. They'll get their 1-3 wins against someone who takes them lightly.

Yeah, no kidding. But this team is better in all three facets than either of those. It won't be the Bills barring a hilarious confluence of mishaps

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Yeah, no kidding. But this team is better in all three facets than either of those. It won't be the Bills barring a hilarious confluence of mishaps
One thing about McDermott is he has this team focused. I highly doubt it's us that loses against the Dolphins or Redskins.

That being said, I doubt we finish 12-4 either even though the schedule is favorable.

Games they'll probably win:
Dolphins X2
Jets if they still have their 3rd string QB
Redskins
Broncos
Steelers

That puts them at 10 wins, though there's a decent chance they'll lose one of those games.

Games that can go either way:
Browns
Ravens

The odds tell me they'll win one and lose one.

Tough matchup:
Pats
Eagles
Cowboys

They may win one of these, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lose all 3 of them.

So...I'm thinking 12 games is the high, and 9 games is the low. Settling at 10-6 with a wildcard birth, which is where I had them to start the year. 11-5 if they beat both the Browns and Ravens, or steal one against the tough matchups.

Reactions: Rasmus Ascendant

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Bills' Duke Williams supports Zay Jones after game-winning TD in NFL debut

Duke looked pretty excited. Allen gave him the game ball.

Jones barely played and wasn’t targeted, but said he was proud of Williams after the game.
“Someone who has came through so much and has worked his tail off to be in this position,” Jones said, “and then have it pay off, and being able to celebrate with his teammates, everyone here is proud of him. It was an awesome thing to see. You can’t say enough about a guy who’s really done everything right. He’s really deserving of it. The guy, he’s a great football player and everyone’s really excited for him.”
Jones was unsure what Williams’ success meant for his role with the team moving forward.
“I just do my job, you know? That’s all I can do,” Jones said. “But we just won, so I’m just going to enjoy that.”

McDermott says about Duke: “I love his juice. I loved the toughness he brings. He’s earned it. The way he practiced, his behavior, in terms of his habits. One practice to another, all the way through the first four weeks leading up to this week. He made plays in practice and in the one-on-ones, so he earned it. It’s one game, so we’ll just take it one game at a time. It’s important that he continues to improve.”

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
If you say this 3 times in a mirror biggie smalls will appear and tell you that opposing kickers are 2 of 8 against the Bills.
Take a look at the Bills yards differential against the opposition and ToP and get back to me.

Games play out completely differently when the scores are altered. The truth is, they dominated the Jets in yards and ToP, they dominated the Giants in yard and ToP, they dominated the Bengals in yards and ToP, they had more yards and ToP than the Pats, and they outplayed the Titans in both yards and ToP.

Wanna talk about flukey stats such as missed field goals? how about the Pats blocked punt for a TD, or the fact our starting QB who was starting to drive down the field got injured, or we could point to that flukey INT TD Mosley got in game one.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend the Bills beat the Pats if they dont get that blocked punt TD, because the game would've played out differently. The only thing I know for certain is we're 4-1, and we have been the better team in most of those games.

Now, if this team wants to take the next step- they need to be much more efficient on offense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->