Buffalo Bills 2019 Regular Season (3-1) - Game 5 October 6th at TEN (2-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Thank god we squeaked it out. But this team cannot go far in the playoffs scoring 14-17 points a game. No matter how stingy our D is.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
steelers just deferred the ball.....in overtime

Well, technically they decided to defend a certain side of the field - don't know if it's windy there, but I also wonder if it has to do with having their 3rd string QB in the game. They may think the odds are better to get a quick stop and just have to get into FG range than to drive down and score a TD to end it.

And as I type they get a quick 3 and out.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Allen made one mistake today...
Agreed. And equally important, there were a few situations where he would have forced the ball and thrown an interception in prior weeks and he either took the sack, threw it away, or ran out of bounds. As my wife said, he needed last week's hit in the head to knock some sense in him. ~70% completion percentage and if he didn't throw the INT his rating would have been exceptionally high.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Well, technically they decided to defend a certain side of the field - don't know if it's windy there, but I also wonder if it has to do with having their 3rd string QB in the game. They may think the odds are better to get a quick stop and just have to get into FG range than to drive down and score a TD to end it.

And as I type they get a quick 3 and out.

Yea it didn't backfire. I don't think stats would agree with what they did, but it worked out!

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Now Pittsburgh fumbles it away. Baltimore is lucky the guy that overran the fumble didn't touch the ball, because he may have been out of bounds when he reached for it.

EDIT: Oh man, he did touch it, and he was awful, awful close to being OB.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Apparently Darryl Johnson blocked the short FG attempt that came up short. Huge play in the game, really.

Baltimore wins. Dunno if that's good or bad for Buffalo. Probably bad if Pittsburgh's down to their 3rd string QB for any length of time, but they aren't the disaster it looked like they could be when Roethlisburger went down.

It's also pretty apparent that Baltimore (and Jackson) got overhyped when they pounded the crap out of an awful Miami team in week 1. Their offense has been pretty average since then.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Someone help me out. Mariotta threw a TD in the 4th then I had to go. When I came back and it was 7-7 again and they said the kicker missed another field goal. What happened? Was it a penalty that called the TD back?

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
So 3 home games after the bye (MIA, PHI, WSH), then at CLE, at MIA, and home for DEN before the schedule toughens up down the stretch. Feels like 8-3 is a minimum requirement, and if they win the games they should win they'll get there, and Philly at home and Cleveland on the road aren't exactly unwinnable. Would be great to even get above that before the "tougher" part of the schedule kicks in, although home to Baltimore and @ Pittsburgh isn't as daunting as it once looked, either.

Someone help me out. Mariotta threw a TD in the 4th then I had to go. When I came back and it was 7-7 again and they said the kicker missed another field goal. What happened? Was it a penalty that called the TD back?

Mariota was beyond the line of scrimmage when he threw it, and then the Bills blocked the FG (Apparently. Don't know how much contact they actually made with the ball, but they were credited with a block, so I guess they got enough of it.)

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY

It was a broken play and he ran past the line of scrimmage before throwing. The Bills held and forced a FG attempt that was tipped, so it missed.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Bills remaining opponents in their final 11 games:
4 games vs. teams with winning records (PHI, DAL, BAL, NE).
5 games against currently winless teams (MIA x2, NYJ, DEN, WAS).
17-32 remaining 2019 opponents win percentage.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Overall, the Bills were the better team even with all the in-game injuries. That's encouraging. We still need the offense to start putting up more points.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
It was a broken play and he ran past the line of scrimmage before throwing. The Bills held and forced a FG attempt that was tipped, so it missed.

Thanks for those who replied. They truly squeaked one out today.

Hopefully Duke plays a big part moving forward, they need a WR like him in the lineup.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
On that pick, it looked like Allen expected Yeldon to keep moving left, and Yeldon came to a stop instead. If that’s the case, I can’t fault Allen for that one. Overall, pretty nice bounce back game for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->