Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2017 Offseason: Brandon Beane named GM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
The problem with drafting WR at 10 is there isn't a great fit.

I like Mike Williams, but he slots in a big possession WR. You have a QB that can't throw down the middle.

Beyond Williams, I don't see another WR talent that's worthy of just slotting in as a WR2.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

I like Mike Williams, but he slots in a big possession WR. You have a QB that can't throw down the middle.

Beyond Williams, I don't see another WR talent that's worthy of just slotting in as a WR2.

The other issue is, is it worth it to have two highly picked high profile WRs on a team that isn't going to throw the ball 30 times a game?

I'm fine with WR or S or even LB at 10 (any LBs worth it?). I'd be frustrated if we picked a CB after letting Gilmore walk. It would basically say if the CB we pick at 10 pans out, we have no intention of keeping him past his rookie deal. Value the position or don't value it.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

Corey Davis. He should go before Williams, but won't because the MAC isn't a great conference.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
I'd rather they go Howard than Williams/Davis at 10. Best all-around TE prospect in years. They can build an offense around him, especially for a QB who can't throw.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I'd rather they go Howard than Williams/Davis at 10. Best all-around TE prospect in years. They can build an offense around him, especially for a QB who can't throw.

Tight end is such a crap shoot position though. Make a list of the top 5-10 TEs in the league, then look up where they were drafted. Hard to scout.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Vernon Davis and Keller Winslow were some of the most heralded tight end prospects to come out in the last 15 years and while they had some good seasons they didn't reach their ceilings. I'd prefer to move down and get an extra 2nd and draft a wr there or even trade down twice. We need as many picks as we can.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010

I like it because even tyrod will be able to see Mr.6'6" running over the middle

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Tight end is such a crap shoot position though. Make a list of the top 5-10 TEs in the league, then look up where they were drafted. Hard to scout.
That's more because the TE position has changed so much in recent years.

They have enough problems figuring out how to utilize Clay, another talented TE would likely be a waste.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
We matched the Groy OS. Good interior depth there.

Also were rumored to have agreed to terms with Andre Holmes, but he tweeted that nothing was signed as of a couple days ago.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
We matched the Groy OS. Good interior depth there.

Also were rumored to have agreed to terms with Andre Holmes, but he tweeted that nothing was signed as of a couple days ago.

Scary to think, but the OL may be set. They just don't have enough options to fill all these roster holes. I can't imagine Henderson is still in the plans.

LT Glenn-Kouandjio
LG Incognito-Groy
C Wood-Groy
RG Miller-Ducasse
RT Mills-Ducasse

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Scary to think, but the OL may be set. They just don't have enough options to fill all these roster holes. I can't imagine Henderson is still in the plans.

LT Glenn-Kouandjio
LG Incognito-Groy
C Wood-Groy
RG Miller-Ducasse
RT Mills-Ducasse

They can always pick up a pre-season castoff if there's an obvious upgrade available. I'd bet a quarter to a third of NFL teams need to do that anyway to cover pre-season injuries.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

LT Glenn-Kouandjio
LG Incognito-Groy
C Wood-Groy
RG Miller-Ducasse
RT Mills-Ducasse

I imagine they envision Ducasse battling with Miller and Groy for starting RG. As for RT, I think they still bring someone in to compete with Mills, be it a FA, trade for an under performing guy (the Whaley special), or a draft pick.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
I imagine they envision Ducasse battling with Miller and Groy for starting RG. As for RT, I think they still bring someone in to compete with Mills, be it a FA, trade for an under performing guy (the Whaley special), or a draft pick.

Miller is firmly entrenched at the starting RG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad