Buffalo Bills 2014 Preseason: Bills at Steelers 7:30pm Sat. 8/16/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Most people need to seriously step away from the ledge. The man has played 10 games in his career. He has played 3 preseason games where is probably been told to go do this and that and change your release point and footwork. He will be fine once he gets a constant feel for the NFL pace and gets into a rhythm with his teammates. Can he improve in areas? Of course but this is the time and place to try out all of that. He has this year and all of next year before I even think of writing him off.

I understand that. But he stares down receivers and his throwing motion is not typical for a franchise QB. People then use Kapernack as an example, I think that guy is just getting carried by great coaching, great running game, and insane D. I think he blows. Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Luck, Big Ben, Matt Ryan. Go look at the way they throw the ball and come tell me EJ throws anything like they do.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Running backs have little to no trade value. Id gladly take a competent qb for Spiller. Brown can taoe his place. Cousins would be great but they already have Morris. They need a WR though...I would offer them Williams and a conditional pick.
Anyone who thinks we have Manuel as a starting qb by week 4 is lying to themselves. I have seen all I needed to see, the guy is a subpar backup.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Running backs have little to no trade value. Id gladly take a competent qb for Spiller. Brown can taoe his place. Cousins would be great but they already have Morris. They need a WR though...I would offer them Williams and a conditional pick.
Anyone who thinks we have Manuel as a starting qb by week 4 is lying to themselves. I have seen all I needed to see, the guy is a subpar backup.

Trent Richardson got a 1st. I think CJ is better. If we could get a 2nd for Spiller I'd do it. I have quite a bit of faith in Bryce Brown to do exactly the same things Spiller can.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I understand that. But he stares down receivers and his throwing motion is not typical for a franchise QB. People then use Kapernack as an example, I think that guy is just getting carried by great coaching, great running game, and insane D. I think he blows. Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Luck, Big Ben, Matt Ryan. Go look at the way they throw the ball and come tell me EJ throws anything like they do.

I understand his throwing motion isn't the best. I hate the 49ers whole team and I fully agree kaepernick is carried much like Russell wilson is in Seattle. When I hear of weird throwing motions I think immediately of Phillip Rivers. He has the weirdest mechanics but he made them work and after his second year they just stopped trying to correct him and he settled. Give him time and let him do what naturally comes to him and he will be fine.
Also to touch on your Rb comment I'm trying to get CJ locked up long term. If he has no interest I hold out for a first much like Richardson and if nothing materialized by the deadline ship him off to the highest bidder. Brown needs to stop bouncing everything outside ..If he does that he will be very good.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
None of the QBs not currently starting are worth trading Spiller for. None.

e: exception this year's class maybe idk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad