OT: PWHL Thread - Draft at 1pm Monday 9/18

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Buffalo Beauts @BuffaloBeauts -
Taylor Accursi! Jordyn Burns! Sarah Casorso!
We’ve added three more to our roster for the upcoming season!

DjiGQM0WwAA2ca0.jpg:small

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
NWHL @ NWHL -
Buffalo brings back 3 Beauts in Casorso, Accursi, and Burns.

“All three work hard, are great teammates and contributed to our 11-game winning streak last season” - GM Nik Fattey.

DjiGd3NX0AEkydb.jpg:small

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
what's up with Pfalzer?

I haven't heard anything about Emily Pfalzer for the 2018-2019 hockey season. If she plans on playing hockey this season - hopefully its with the NWHL as a member of the Buffalo Beauts.

Hey Burgman, does your wife Melissa know whats going on with Pfalzer?

Update - I sent Melissa Burgess a tweet asking whats up with Pfalzer and she tweeted me back saying that - Nothing official yet, though I’ve heard rumblings she’ll be back with the Beauts. Hopefully that is the case! Can't afford to lose Emily!

Last edited:
Reactions: BackGroundMusic

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Melissa Burgess @_MelissaBurgess -
NWHL Notebook: A Wild Alignment - August 14, 2018 -

NWHL Draft Expected Mid-Season -

The league also announced its plans for a draft, which will be held at some point during the season. In previous years, the draft was held over the summer via conference call/social media. Per a league representative, they expect to hold the draft "at some point during the 2018-2019 season."

"Since the end of last season, the league has been considering a different time in the year to have the Draft -- a time that would be better for the teams and players, and put an even bigger spotlight on the women's game," said the representative. "With so many exciting ongoing discussions about the future of women's professional hockey, the NWHL has decided to take some more time with its decision regarding the Draft. We will update you as soon as a decision is finalized," the league's statement read.

It is possible that this could mean an in-person draft rather than a virtual one, though nothing has been confirmed by the league.

Wild To Support Whitecaps -

The NHL's Minnesota Wild have announced that they will provide "far-ranging support" for the Whitecaps in their inaugural NWHL season. The support includes: hosting the Whitecaps' games and practices at TRIA Rink; support in marketing, promotions, communications, social & digital media and community relations; and pairing of the teams' regular season home openers on October 6.

The Whitecaps' home opener has been moved to 4:00 PM Central, still at TRIA Rink, in order to accommodate fans and give them the chance to attend both that and the Wild's home opener later that evening.

The Whitecaps will join the Wild at the Minnesota State Fair and participate in several youth hockey initiatives, including Girls' Hockey Weekend, the Faceoff for Fitness school assembly program, and the Little Wild Learn to Play Program.

This is the third time an NHL team has given support to an NWHL team. The Devils have a multi-year partnership with the Riveters, while Pegula Sports & Entertainment, owner of the Sabres, also own the Beauts.

The Rest Of The - NWHL Notebook: A Wild Alignment - August 14, 2018.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Last edited:
Reactions: 26CornerBlitz

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Amy Moritz @amymoritz -

The newest @BuffaloBeauts member Blake Bolden (@SportBlake) talks about playing in three different pro leagues, choosing Buffalo, and being a role model for other African-American girls in ice hockey.

Article - To Switzerland and back, Blake Bolden finds her new hockey home in Buffalo.

“I think there’s no doubt I was going to be coming back to Buffalo."
Hometown girl @EmilyPfalzer returns to the Beauts, joining a talented roster and a growing influence from WNY players.

Article - Emily Pfalzer rejoins a Buffalo Beauts team loaded with talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->