OT: PWHL Thread - Draft at 1pm Monday 9/18

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

LaxSabre - Ticket Offer For Tonight - Buy One Ticket - Get One Free. Too bad theres alot going on for me at the time to not attend.
(Both the Bills and Packers playing - WNY Flash soccer team playing in their championship game.)

NWHL News - Boston Pride are 2-0 on the season. They defeated the New York Riveters 6-3 in a game that was played at the HarborCenter last night.
The Prides next game will be next Saturday when they host the Buffalo Beauts.
The New York Riveters will also play at home - a week from today - vs the Connecticut Whale.

Last edited:

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
It's too bad how little support they've gotten.

If anyone is interested I'd encourage you to go to the game tomorrow at 3:30. I believe there's a Teddy Bear toss during one of the intermissions.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I've gone to two games this season. Probably go to one more.

I've supported them. Have all of you locals?

I have, its just disappointing how few people have been there aside from opening weekend.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Beauts Lose To Boston In HarborCenter - Budd Bailey - Buffalo News - Sunday, November 20.

The Boston Pride certainly look like the class of the National Women’s Hockey League so far in the young season. Ask the Buffalo Beauts. The two teams met for the third time on Sunday afternoon, and the Pride skated away with a 5-0 victory for its third straight win in the series. The contest was played at HarborCenter. Boston improved to 6-0, having outscored its opponents, 25-6, in the process. Buffalo fell to 2-4-0-1.

Beauts’ goalie Brianne McLaughlin figured out quickly that it wasn’t her team’s day. Boston had a 20-4 edge in shots in the opening period, but McLaughlin only allowed a goal to Alexandra Bender. But the netminder could only hold off the Pride for so long. Meghan Duggan and Gigi Marvin scored goals about three minutes apart in the second period; Marvin’s goal was on the power play. The play was a bit more level in the third period, but Boston scored the only goals. Rachel Llanes and Alex Carpenter scored for the Pride. McLaughlin finished with 41 saves on 46 shots. Brittany Ott of Boston had 24 saves in her shutout. The Pride had a 43-14 edge in faceoffs.

The lack of Buffalo goals delayed a team promotion for a while. Fans were asked to bring stuffed animals to the game that would be thrown on the ice after the first Beauts’ goal. Due to the shutout, the toss was done after the final buzzer. The toys will be donated to the “Gold Star Moms” organization. (LaxSabre - Same thing happened when I attended a Niagara Falls Thunder game back in the early 90's - Thunder got shutout - and we had to throw our stuffed animals after the game ended.)

The Beauts won’t have to worry about Boston for a while. The teams won’t play again until Feburary 18. In the meantime, Buffalo gets next weekend off. In their next start, the Beauts will play a road game against the New York Riveters on December 3. (New York moved into a second-place tie with Buffalo on Sunday because of its win over Connecticut.) The Beauts won’t be home again until a January 14 game against New York. Buffalo had played six of its first seven games at home.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/20/beauts-lose-boston-harborcenter/

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

@BuffaloBeauts - End of 2 - Beauts 3 (Bozak - Janiga - 1st - Buie - 2nd) - Pride 0 - #BUFvsBOS #IsobelCupFinal

@BuffaloBeauts - @TheBostonPride scores on the power play. We're still up 3-1 with 4:27 left in the 3rd. #BUFvsBOS #IsobelCupFinal
@TheBostonPride - PRIDE GOOOOAAALLL! @carpy05 scores assisted by @Bdecker14 and @kbells22. BUF leads 3-1.

@BuffaloBeauts - 4.2 seconds left - @TheBostonPride score.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

The Buffalo Beauts Are Champions!

The Beauts earned a 3-2 win over the Boston Pride in the Tsongas Center in Lowell, MA Sunday night to win the second Isobel Cup as champions of the National Women's Hockey League.
The Beauts were led by goaltender Brianne McLaughlin who continuously turned away the Pride. Boston dominated the shots - 62-14 overall.
McLaughlin made 60 saves including 22 in the third period.

The Beauts took a 2-0 first period lead. Megan Bozek scored at 1:44 while Buffalo native Emily Jangia tallied at 13:01.
Bozek set up Corinne Buie for a second period goal as the Beauts went up, 3-0, at 8:25.
The Beauts would not get a shot on goal in the third period as the Pride threw everything at McLaughlin.
Boston got on the board when Alex Carpenter scored on the power play with 4:27 left.
Hilary Knight then tallied with four seconds left to cut the lead to 3-2. But the Beauts held on for the win.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@NWHLStats - @BrianneMcL set an @NWHL Isobel Cup final record with 55:33 minutes of shutout hockey. #NWHLStats #IsobelCupFinal
(LaxSabre - I'm safe to say the 60 saves she made is also a Isobel Cup Final record too. What a way to go out! Congrats Brianne!)

@NWHLStats - @corinnebuie is the only @NWHL player to raise the cup 2 years in a row and also scored the GWG this year. #NWHLStats #IsobelCupFinal

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
This is amazing. These players have worked so, so hard - and to see them get here is awesome.

Even better - I get to raise a banner at HARBORCENTER next season!

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@AmerksHockey - Congrats to #Amerks color analyst Ric Seiling and the @BuffaloBeauts on capturing their first @NWHL championship tonight! #champions

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->