RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/the-grind-for-the-gold/

PQ_1.jpg

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Game Recap - United States Wins Gold On Carpenter OT Goal! - Monday, April 4 - USAHockey.com

Kamloops, British Columbia - Alex Carpenter (North Reading, Massachusetts) scored 12:30 into overtime and Alex Rigsby (Delafield, Wisconsin) recorded a 32-save shutout to lead the United States Women's National Team to a 1-0 victory here against Canada at the 2016 International Ice Hockey Federation Women's World Championships.

The United States won all five of its games in the tournament and has now captured the gold medal in six of the last seven IIHF Women's World Championships.
United States will look to defend its gold medal on home ice when it hosts the 2017 IIHF Women's World Championships next April at USA Hockey Arena in Plymouth, Michigan.

Gold Medal Winning Goal - The United States got a chance on the power play at 10:21 of the extra stanza. While unable to convert, it was just :09 after the penalty expired that Carpenter got her stick on a loose puck in the crease and put home the golden goal. The play started after Jocelyne Lamoureux-Davidson (Grand Forks, North Dakota) redirected a shot from Megan Bozek (Buffalo Grove, Illinois) that trickled past Canadian netminder Emerance Maschmeyer.

Rest Of The Game Recap - http://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/633101?referrer_id=701370

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

The National Women’s Hockey League today announced event details for the 2016-2017 season opening weekend.
It will take place - Friday, October 7 - Sunday, October 9 - at the HarborCenter in Buffalo, NY.
“We’re kicking off our second season with a weekend-long event to celebrate our players, fans, and the future stars of this sport,” said Commissioner Dani Rylan.
“We had a very successful inaugural season and All-Star Game at HarborCenter and we’re excited to mark a major anniversary in Buffalo.”

The Boston Pride and Buffalo Beauts will revisit their Isobel Cup playoffs rivalry on Friday, October 7 with the first game of the season.
The New York Riveters will follow with a game against Boston Pride on Saturday, October 8.
Sunday, October 9 will feature a game between the Connecticut Whale and the Buffalo Beauts.
All three games have a 7:30 pm ET start.

Opening weekend will include the first NWHL Futures Tournament, featuring sixteen teams from ages U-8 to U-14 representing the Founding Four markets.
This part of the event will be open to the public.
The league will also be celebrating IIHF Girls’ Hockey Weekend which takes place on Saturday, October 8-Sunday, October 9.

The complete 2016-2017 NWHL schedule will be announced later this summer.
Weekend ticket packages and single game tickets for opening weekend are available now at nwhl.zone/tickets.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Meghan Duggan - Forward #10 - “Since lacing up my skates for the first time, I could never have imagined what this sport would give to me.
I have grown through all of the ups and downs hockey has dealt me.”

Emily Pfalzer - Defense #8 - “I don’t remember a time in my life where hockey wasn’t a part of it.
Being a member of this group and representing my country is something I dreamt about since I was a young girl.
It’s a dream that I never want to give up.”

Megan Bozek - Defense #9 - “Every day is a battle, but representing your country with the best of the best is a dream come true.”

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Meghan Duggan ‏- @mduggan10 - With all that said, extremely excited to be joining the @TheBostonPride for the upcoming season!

Last edited:

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
NWHL player Harrison Browne comes out as a transgender man

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/17727834/nwhl-player-harrison-browne-comes-transgender-man

It is a reset for Buffalo -- but for Browne, it is a historic, new chapter. Browne, a rising star on the Buffalo Beauts of the National Women's Hockey League, is the first openly transgender player in American professional team sports.

"I identify as a man," Browne said in an interview in New York City, before catching a flight to make practice in western New York. "My family is starting to come to grips with it, now it's my time to be known as who I am, to be authentic and to hear my name said right when I get a point, or see my name on a website."

This is kind of a big deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad