OT: PWHL Thread - Draft at 1pm Monday 9/18

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I think the NHL wants the NWHL to experience the unsubsidized cost of operations before entering into negotiations. Perhaps they even want to force the NWHL to fold.

The camp has typically been held at Harborcenter, which has served as the Beauts' home ice, but the league and Pegula Sports and Entertainment do not have a deal in place for ice time. PSE returned operational control to the league last spring. PSE and the league also remain locked in a dispute over usage of team logos and intellectual property.
Beauts to host free agent camp at Northtown Center

The NJ team is in a similar situation:
On May 17, 2019, it was reported that the New Jersey Devils were ending their partnership with the Riveters.[11][12] Following the dissolution of the partnership, the Riveters no longer had a lease to operate out of Barnabas Health Hockey House at the Prudential Center in Newark, which they had used rent free as part of their partnership, and the team is in search of a new arena in the region.
Metropolitan Riveters - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Buffalo Beauts moving home games to Northtown Center
Key facts:
The Buffalo Beauts will play their home games and practice at the Northtown Center at Amherst, town officials confirmed.
Season expanded from 16 to 24 games
Feature rink at Northtown can accommodate about 2,000 fans (200 more than HarbourCenter)
The Beauts will pay the standard rates ranging from $100 to $215 per hour, depending on the time of day and the day of the week.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Buffalo Beauts moving home games to Northtown Center
Key facts:
The Buffalo Beauts will play their home games and practice at the Northtown Center at Amherst, town officials confirmed.
Season expanded from 16 to 24 games
Feature rink at Northtown can accommodate about 2,000 fans (200 more than HarbourCenter)
The Beauts will pay the standard rates ranging from $100 to $215 per hour, depending on the time of day and the day of the week.

That sucks. Don't get me wrong, I love the Northtown Center, it supports my entire family's hockey appetite. But I'd almost rather they play at Riverworks if HC is off the table; at least it would make it a unique experience with a fun venue.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
That sucks. Don't get me wrong, I love the Northtown Center, it supports my entire family's hockey appetite. But I'd almost rather they play at Riverworks if HC is off the table; at least it would make it a unique experience with a fun venue.
I think Northtown Center provides a better opportunity to grow the sport. It brings the players to the community rather than have the community come to them.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
NWHL goes outdoors with Beauts to host Riveters in Buffalo

The National Women’s Hockey League is taking its game outdoors with the Buffalo Beauts scheduled to host the Metropolitan Riveters on Dec. 28 in what’s being called the ”Buffalo Believes Classic.”

The game will be played at RiverWorks, a year-round bar/entertainment complex located on the banks of the Buffalo River and features a rink exposed to the elements while covered by a roof. The rink’s capacity is about 1,000.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad