Confirmed with Link: Buffalo awarded 2019 NCAA Frozen Four

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I hate to admit that I missed the comeback and OT. I had turned on the Flames game and then got comfy on the couch. :biglaugh:

I switched back and forth. UMass very strong on the boards controlling the puck and possession. I just knew that would bite DU in the butt at some time and that's what happened in the OT with the pass out to the point and the quick release shot/winning goal. UMass struck me as having an almost professional level type of of system.

UMass goalie much stronger than DU's too. And that made a difference as well.

Moncton man

Jan 11, 2011
Moncton, NB
What a load of ****. Fans never begged for these, first of all. Secondly, it would cost me $600 for bad seats to take my family to a game between two teams where I have no emotional tie or rooting interest. Are you kidding me? $120/ea for the worst seats? Go to hell NCAA and who gives a **** if they come back.
Buffalo has had NCAA basketball there during MM hasn't it? Are the prices for hockey consistent with what basketball charges?

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
On the Avs-Flames game, they were talking about the semifinal and Cale Makar. I assume he'll join the Avs after the Championship, win or lose.

Re: ticket pricing. Pretty sure the NCAA has the heaviest hand in that. Can't see where PSE views the bids to host as a moneymaking venture more than an exposure-to-hockey opportunity. In fact, one might think PSE would subsidize the whole venture as a apologetic means to allow WNY'ers and our Canadian friends a chance to see actual quality hockey played with intensity, skill, and physicality, even if it's not in the Blue & Gold.

The guy mainly responsible for getting those events to Buffalo was recently fired by PSE so we shouldn't have to worry about it again at least for awhile.

The basketball sells itself with out-of-town fans and that helps keep the downtown business's's going.

Still there was somebody here from Massachusetts that was asking about entertainment that was stayong way out somewhere in Amherst.
Could be because he thought the name would bring good luck. ;)

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad