Proposal: Buffalo and Rangers not involving Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The main objective for the Rangers in making a move like this would be clearing cap, so the dump coming back defeats the whole purpose.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Are they really now claiming that Buch wouldn’t be in their top six? He had more points last year than all but two of their players.
He's not taking a top 6 spot from Hall or Reinhart. Despite Skinner's awful year this is still a guy who scored 40 goals the year before and he's got a monster salary so like it or not he's not being put on the 3rd line. Olofsson had 42 points in 54 games as a rookie so he out produced Buchnevich given he played 14 less games than him. So yeah Buchnevich very likely wouldn't be in our top 6.

Reactions: seagull and SB716

SB716

Jun 1, 2015
He's not taking a top 6 spot from Hall or Reinhart. Despite Skinner's awful year this is still a guy who scored 40 goals the year before and he's got a monster salary so like it or not he's not being put on the 3rd line. Olofsson had 42 points in 54 games as a rookie so he out produced Buchnevich given he played 14 less games than him. So yeah Buchnevich very likely wouldn't be in our top 6.

This rational, informative response regarding a hockey team and it’s players may trigger some folks

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The main objective for the Rangers in making a move like this would be clearing cap, so the dump coming back defeats the whole purpose.

Good luck with that. There are about 2 teams in the league that still have extra cap space. (Buffalo isn't one of them...plus all the other reasons the Sabres still don't make this trade.)

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Buffalo is going to need Cozens when Eichel inevitably leaves town in the next 1/2 years

..he’s under contract. He has not stated he wants to leave. If he did- he’s still under contract. Hall should help. Thanks for being the 100 millionth poster with this same inane bullshit though.

Panarin hates you and your city and can’t wait to leave, LULZ I added to the discussion!

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Good luck finding a team for that.....only about 5 have cap space. Ohh and your return...you’ll be lucky if it’s more than a 6th.

Any deals you try to make you likrly need it cap neutral.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
..he’s under contract. He has not stated he wants to leave. If he did- he’s still under contract. Hall should help. Thanks for being the 100 millionth poster with this same inane bullshit though.

Panarin hates you and your city and can’t wait to leave, LULZ I added to the discussion!
Hey man I appreciate your optimism even though it's probably unfounded haha

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Great excuses. Do you want to hear mine about why your players wouldn't play on our team? No, you don't.

Two of your players had more points. He'd play in your top six. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Good luck with that. There are about 2 teams in the league that still have extra cap space. (Buffalo isn't one of them...plus all the other reasons the Sabres still don't make this trade.)
Good luck finding a team for that.....only about 5 have cap space. Ohh and your return...you’ll be lucky if it’s more than a 6th.

Any deals you try to make you likrly need it cap neutral.
Then I guess we'll just not trade DeAngelo because we would have literally no other reason to.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Great excuses. Do you want to hear mine about why your players wouldn't play on our team? No, you don't.

Two of your players had more points. He'd play in your top six. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.
So in your opinion who's he bumping out of that top 6 then? The rookie who just scored 20 goals in 54 games? The guy who scored 40 goals last season? If you're going to make the statement and stand by it, elaborate. Looking at a chart listing team scoring and saying: "Look at the points he scored on my team he'd be your 3rd highest scorer" is a really lazy argument with very little substance to it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
So in your opinion who's he bumping out of that top 6 then? The rookie who just scored 20 goals in 54 games? The guy who scored 40 goals last season? If you're going to make the statement and stand by it, elaborate. Looking at a chart listing team scoring and saying: "Look at the points he scored on my team he'd be your 3rd highest scorer" is a really lazy argument with very little substance to it.

I could play the same game with manipulating numbers. I won't.

I personally believe he'd be at least your second best winger. I think he's better than Reinhart. Buchnevich has never been carried by anyone. He doesn't play PP1, he doesn't play anywhere near the minutes Reinhart does, and he doesn't play with someone as good as Eichel. He has elite metrics. I'd argue beyond points he probably would've been your second best player last season. I used points as an objective measure.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
In no particular order:

:pens:
Crosby
Malkin
Guentzel
Zucker
Rust

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

I personally believe he'd be at least your second best winger. I think he's better than Reinhart. Buchnevich has never been carried by anyone. He doesn't play PP1, he doesn't play anywhere near the minutes Reinhart does, and he doesn't play with someone as good as Eichel. He has elite metrics. I'd argue beyond points he probably would've been your second best player last season. I used points as an objective measure.
So he's better than the guy that has out produced him every single year he's been in the league and who I'd add has fantastic metrics as well. I think you'd have a very hard time "manipulating" the numbers to demonstrate Buchnevich is a better player than Reinhart, but I'd love to see you try.

Reactions: seagull

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Why do Rangers fans like Pekar so much? Chances are he never becomes half the player Lemieux is, and you want us to add to Lemieux.

Pekar is like Marchand, but can play centre. Now whether he’ll do that at the NHL level or even be 75% of the player that Marchand is, is another story. But Sabres fans are high on him, because we need a shit disturber, so it makes sense why Rangers fans are too.

To me, I’m really high on him. Barring an overpayment for me, I wouldn’t trade him (as in Lemieux would be the addition, not the main return type overpayment, in this instance).

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

If he was playing in NYR's top 6, he either had Panarin or Zibanejad. Feel free to tell me more about how neither of those guys are anywhere near Eichel---I look forward to bringing it up next time an NYR fan starts an Eichel trade thread, because I distinctly remember you, in particular, claiming otherwise last go around.

Reactions: is the answer jesus

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
So he's better than the guy that has out produced him every single year he's been in the league and who I'd add has fantastic metrics as well. I think you'd have a very hard time "manipulating" the numbers to demonstrate Buchnevich is a better player than Reinhart, but I'd love to see you try.

It's really not that hard.

Each year they've been in the league at the same time, Reinhart has played about 2-4 minutes more per game. 3 of Reinhart's five seasons it looks like Eichel has been his most common linemate, and ROR the other two. Buchnevich's most common linemate the past three years has been very close between Kreider and Zibanejad, essentially a tie. His first year, it was Zibanejad. And aside from Zibanejad's play last season, no one would suggest Kreider or Zibanejad have been at the level of Eichel or ROR.

Buchnevich's PP TOI% since he joined the Rangers is 46.4%. TOI% tracks the percentage of PP time per game while the player has been on the team. Thats tenth on the team in that stretch. Since coming into the league, he's been 8th, 4th, 6th, 6th on his own team in PP TOI/G. Meanwhile, Reinhart PP TOI% is 62.5% since coming into the league. Reinhart has been 4th, 4th, 5th, 2nd, 2nd since joining the league.

And as I said, he has elite metrics. His GAR this season was 24th among all NHL forwards. He had the third highest GAR on the Rangers this season behind Panarin and Fox. Ahead of players like Zibanejad, Kreider, DeAngelo that play more than him, and get more PP time. He drives goals at an elite rate, and does it on both ends of the ice. I don't have access to full league-wide GAR data because you need to pay for it, but I'd be willing to bet Reinhart was not among the top 23 in the league in GAR this season.

And you mention their points each season. Reinhart had 4 more points in 1 more game this season playing nearly four more minutes per game. As I also mentioned, his most common linemate is better than any most common linemate Buchnevich has ever had, and he plays a lot more on the PP. To make it seem like Reinhart's in a different tier than Buchnevich is ridiculous.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pekar is like Marchand, but can play centre. Now whether he’ll do that at the NHL level or even be 75% of the player that Marchand is, is another story. But Sabres fans are high on him, because we need a shit disturber, so it makes sense why Rangers fans are too.

To me, I’m really high on him. Barring an overpayment for me, I wouldn’t trade him (as in Lemieux would be the addition, not the main return type overpayment, in this instance).

I didn't say he's a bad prospect. The difference is that Lemieux is a high quality bottom six forward right now. Every team would want him. Pekar has not played any higher than the second division of Czech pro. He might never reach the NHL. If he does, it's probably two or more years away. Why are the Rangers adding to Lemieux for a player who might have a similar ceiling to what Lemieux is right now?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
If he was playing in NYR's top 6, he either had Panarin or Zibanejad. Feel free to tell me more about how neither of those guys are anywhere near Eichel---I look forward to bringing it up next time an NYR fan starts an Eichel trade thread, because I distinctly remember you, in particular, claiming otherwise last go around.

You clearly have me mixed up with someone else.

I've been saying for years that Eichel is a top five player in hockey. I thought he should've been in the Hart conversation this year, and if Buffalo was better than they were and got closer to making it, I think he should've won it. I don't think anyone would ever confuse me for an Eichel hater or someone who doesn't give him his proper due.

I might've said at some point that Panarin had a better season than Eichel. I'm not even sure if I did, but it's possible. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest either player was better than the other one this season. In fact, most would say Panarin was better than Eichel this season, so thats certainly not a hot take.

I don't believe I have ever said Zibanejad is a better player than Eichel. You'd need to show some receipts on that. I doubt I ever said anything close to that.

And Buchnevich's most common linemate was probably actually Kreider this season. I don't want to do exact math, but from my rough calculations of looking at some charts, I think Kreider barely edged Zibanejad. He played a little with Panarin, as well, but not to any large extent, and he has never had the type of ice time with a star that Reinhart has. Reinhart's most common linemate has been Eichel 3 of his 5 seasons, and ROR 2 of his 5 seasons. That beats anything Buchnevich has ever had.

I'm not suggesting Reinhart isn't a good player, but he's been attached to stars his whole career. How is that not a factor? Buchnevich has never been attached to a star. In fact, the one season Buchnevich played a lot with a star, Zibanejad, he outproduced him in a lot of important underlying metrics.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Hey man I appreciate your optimism even though it's probably unfounded haha

..ya man, people usually break contracts and decline requesting a transfer despite having, like, every justification/opportunity to do so. Dude, I actually think this next season coulda been a “last straw” sorta thing- if they were awful again he coulda possibly requested out. With Hall- even if things don’t go great, I think he’s happier. Meanwhile, he could have requested a trade 2 years ago and would have been hated, had he done it this year half of us would have understood. Either way though- still. Under. Contract.

So basically.. I can explain why your logic is wrong, why the odds aren’t in your favor in terms of what you argue- But you won’t understand half of this, so why’d I even bother? He’ll honor this contract or be traded as Buffalo sees fit- that’s how the NHL usually works. Not saying he’ll be there his whole career, but this braindead narrative of him leaving.. is only echoed by those posters braindead enough to keep thinking it’ll happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad