Proposal: Buffalo and Rangers not involving Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
..ya man, people usually break contracts and decline requesting a transfer despite having, like, every justification/opportunity to do so. Dude, I actually think this next season coulda been a “last straw” sorta thing- if they were awful again he coulda possibly requested out. With Hall- even if things don’t go great, I think he’s happier. Meanwhile, he could have requested a trade 2 years ago and would have been hated, had he done it this year half of us would have understood. Either way though- still. Under. Contract.

So basically.. I can explain why your logic is wrong, why the odds aren’t in your favor in terms of what you argue- But you won’t understand half of this, so why’d I even bother? He’ll honor this contract or be traded as Buffalo sees fit- that’s how the NHL usually works. Not saying he’ll be there his whole career, but this braindead narrative of him leaving.. is only echoed by those posters braindead enough to keep thinking it’ll happen.
I think you may have me confused with someone else lol

Has anyone said anything about him breaking his contract or whatever it is you're talking about? I certainly haven't. People are saying he's probably going to request a trade out of Buffalo at some point, not talking about him not honoring his contract or just up and leaving.

Them signing Hall as a hail mary is as big of an indication as anything that everything isn't hunky dory though....

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Was it a secret the Sabres are bad or something? Should bad teams not sign good player lest they be found out?
Sure they can and should sign good players but it's obvious it's not a long term thing and is just to appease Eichel for the time being.

Hall knew the Sabres were desperate and they offered a high salary one year because they are desperate to show "things are on the up and up Jack".

Hall gets to be glued to Eichel's wing and put up big points, be traded at the deadline to a contender and be in line for another big payday next year

They're using each other but let's call it like it is lol

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I didn't say he's a bad prospect. The difference is that Lemieux is a high quality bottom six forward right now. Every team would want him. Pekar has not played any higher than the second division of Czech pro. He might never reach the NHL. If he does, it's probably two or more years away. Why are the Rangers adding to Lemieux for a player who might have a similar ceiling to what Lemieux is right now?

He played as sn 18 and 19 yr old in the OHL both seasons above a ppg flip.

He’s starting his ELC this year playing in Europe as a 20 yr old. I’m thinking he might be playing at the team closest to where he lives with the plan to come to NA when everything starts up.

Typical for you you might not have done any actual research.

Remrmber..buffalo draft Lemieux in 2014. He went to WPG in the Kane/Myers trade.

Pekar will play in the NHL. Might not till 2021/22 call up and a 22/23 regular. I don’t know what he will be..a zmarchsnt okaying too 6 it a bottom 6 player.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Sure they can and should sign good players but it's obvious it's not a long term thing and is just to appease Eichel for the time being.

Hall knew the Sabres were desperate and they offered a high salary one year because they are desperate to show "things are on the up and up Jack".

Hall gets to be glued to Eichel's wing and put up big points, be traded at the deadline to a contender and be in line for another big payday next year

Do you know thst fir sure...no you don’t.

They could if they either get Seattle to take Okposo or have Dshlin and a few others sign lower bridges, thry can keep Kane and aReinhart for 2-3 years after 20/21 season.

It all depends on where the cap is snd what they sign Dshlin to as a 2-3 lower bridge vs a high long term contract.

If Dahlin gets a long term contract it’s likely see how Hall does. They can sign him to a longer 3-5 yr contract thrn trade Reinhart after ED for younger players or lower salary players.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I didn't say he's a bad prospect. The difference is that Lemieux is a high quality bottom six forward right now. Every team would want him. Pekar has not played any higher than the second division of Czech pro. He might never reach the NHL. If he does, it's probably two or more years away. Why are the Rangers adding to Lemieux for a player who might have a similar ceiling to what Lemieux is right now?

In fairness, if he played higher in the Czech leagues right now he’d be there for the year (could be there for the year anyway). And the Rangers would be adding (if I were the Sabres GM) because I’m that high on the guy. To me, the Sabres tier of prospects are:

- Cozens, UPL
- Pekar, Quinn, Paterka
- Samuelsson, Johnson, Portillo
- everyone else

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
The Sabres have 13 forwards "under contract" (Olofsson RFA) for next season that aren't waiver exempt. That includes Cozens who COULD be sent back to the minors but that seems unlikely. So, if the Sabres wanted him they would have to remove someone first. I think Pekar embodies the two way, gritty C the team (or maybe just the team's fans) desires for the 3rd line. Staal has 1 year left on his deal which could be perfect timing for Cozens to take over after (or Mittelstadt?). Eakin has a two year deal that would likely spell Pekar after that. Ideally the Sabres have a strong center spine of Eichel, Cozens, Mittelstadt and Pekar in a couple seasons. While I can see the value of Lemieux (NHL proven) and Pekar (still needs to make a pro impact) not far off, I think the current Sabres roster and the Pekar potentially filling a C position means the Rangers would have to pay to get him. I feel like the Sabres would be less motivated to get Lemieux in these current circumstances.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Typical for you you might not have done any actual research.

I'm well aware of the player. Didn't say anything bad about him. It doesn't mean the Rangers should trade the player who is currently at Pekar's ceiling and add to it. Prospects don't have the same value as the finished article. Same type of situation when you guys don't like a suggestion of Lafreniere for Eichel.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I'm well aware of the player. Didn't say anything bad about him. It doesn't mean the Rangers should trade the player who is currently at Pekar's ceiling and add to it. Prospects don't have the same value as the finished article. Same type of situation when you guys don't like a suggestion of Lafreniere for Eichel.

I’m not proposing it....

If Lemieux is Peksrs ceiling thrn you don’t know who Pekar is. Pekar has a higher potential.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m not proposing it....

If Lemieux is Peksrs ceiling thrn you don’t know who Pekar is. Pekar has a higher potential.

What's his ceiling then? You think he might be Tom Wilson?

Lemieux is the next tier down from someone like Wilson. I was being conservative in my estimation of calling Lemieux a good bottom six player. I like he's at least a third liner with real second line potential if he gets the ice time.

Yet another person who thinks their team's non-elite prospect is more valuable and has a higher ceiling than a proven good NHL'er.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I think you may have me confused with someone else lol

Has anyone said anything about him breaking his contract or whatever it is you're talking about? I certainly haven't. People are saying he's probably going to request a trade out of Buffalo at some point, not talking about him not honoring his contract or just up and leaving.

Them signing Hall as a hail mary is as big of an indication as anything that everything isn't hunky dory though....

Yes, I seem to have confused you with a person familiar with basic cause and effect- because Eichel can’t realistically just break his contract he’s unlikely to request a trade- it just creates an awkward situation where the team still holds all the cards. That’s why it’s not done very frequently. That’s why he hasn’t done it despite everyone saying it’ll happen- you’ve all been wrong, you’ll continue being wrong. Just ask Oliver Ekman Larsson how that trade request is going.

As to the Hall comment- lol troll on, you know you aren’t serious when you post a take like that.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
What's his ceiling then? You think he might be Tom Wilson?

Lemieux is the next tier down from someone like Wilson. I was being conservative in my estimation of calling Lemieux a good bottom six player. I like he's at least a third liner with real second line potential if he gets the ice time.

Yet another person who thinks their team's non-elite prospect is more valuable and has a higher ceiling than a proven good NHL'er.

I think he could be a 1st line winger or a third line. I think is floor is Lemieux. I viewed Lemieux after the draft as a bottom 6 player. I link Pekar can be middle six player or possibly on Eichels wing. He might be able to play center.

I never viewed either as something like tom Wilson because neither of thrm are 6-4+

I look st Pekar similar to Fox as a player who would make a big jump in a redraft.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think i get it now why they where so eager to get rid of him :naughty:

While I don't doubt club was not thrilled about his tweet(s), which being political in nature I will not cross the line and specify/discuss, trust me, they just want to move excess vets [Buch/Strome/Deangelo] for acceptable futures. We have emerging younger cheaper guys who need their mins already.

We've signed them 'cause we don't want to lose them for nothing.
Want to repurpose their value.

hockeyman1

Aug 21, 2020
Why is that?

And we weren’t eager to get rid of him. You are making that up.
I was referring to his recent twitter 'incident'.

If i remember correctly, he was repeatedly mentioned in trade proposals.
You also have to read the emoticon at the end of my sentence.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was referring to his recent twitter 'incident'.

If i remember correctly, he was repeatedly mentioned in trade proposals.
You also have to read the emoticon at the end of my sentence.

What was his Twitter incident? He has different opinions than you. You could’ve said that, instead you try to paint him as a bad guy for it.

And you revived an old thread to criticize him. It might be a joke, but when are we going to stop hearing people give these types of anti-DeAngelo takes because he has different opinions than they do on non-hockey related events?

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
What was his Twitter incident? He has different opinions than you. You could’ve said that, instead you try to paint him as a bad guy for it.

And you revived an old thread to criticize him. It might be a joke, but when are we going to stop hearing people give these types of anti-DeAngelo takes because he has different opinions than they do on non-hockey related events?

Having "different" opinions is one person preferring Pepsi while another person prefers Coca-Cola.

Spreading conspiracy theories, being a racist, and a bigot is not a matter of "opinion". That's an unwell individual, at best.

Reactions: crowi

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Having "different" opinions is one person preferring Pepsi while another person prefers Coca-Cola.

Spreading conspiracy theories, being a racist, and a bigot is not a matter of "opinion". That's an unwell individual, at best.
He was suspended for a slur. It was never announced what type of slur.

And let's not act like both political sides didn't have a bunch of false information spewed by the media. It's easy not to fact check when you see it everywhere. His teammates like him and that's all that matters.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018

You know this how exactly? I have seen this time and time again in all sports.A poor team signs a high end player or two ,makes a few trades,their young players develop and now they are a good team.Player they sign short term signs long term because he likes the community and the team is good.Win win.I unlike you will or will not say it will happen but wouldn't be surprised either way.Your acting like you know when you know nothing

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
I agree with your premise but iam high on Pekar as I have watched him closely the last few years in junior.Lemiex I watched when he played for Windsor and liked him as well.I however would not trade Pekar just interested to see how he develops and in my opinion the trade wouldn't make much of an impact overall which is why I would keep Pekar. Just my two cents but then again what do I know lol

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018

And for the record I would take D'Angelo in a second if I could move Miller and Montour,love the player.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

To be clear, all of this is unfounded and tells much more about your views than his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad