Proposal: Buffalo and Colorado

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Colorado fans,

I was wondering with the hiring of Roy and that your plan is to start competing right away not really rebuilding, do you guys have interest in Thomas Vanek. You have plenty of Cap space and as an outsider it appears you guys need a big time scoring winger for your great center depth, and defense. I know that ROR cannot be traded until February but Buffalo hired Sacco who coached him for a while and he is a player that could help be a big part of our rebuild. Also ROR is set to begin the year at wing but Vanek is a natural winger.

Does something around

Vanek
+

for

ROR
+

interest Av fans?

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
We're looking for a solid top 2-4 defenceman. I don't see that trade helping us, our offense is pretty stacked as it is. No need to make changes until we see how it works.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
No for me.

I think Vanek has mad skills but I think we have a pure scorer in Mac who is younger and potentially more dynamic. I'd rather have less scoring but much better forechecking, D and PK ability that ROR can provide.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yes. This interests me. But its not likely

Did I miss where Vanek signed an extension and is no longer a 29 year old, going on 30 UFA to be in a season?

Does anyone remember what Vanek's last full season point total was? 61 points

For the age and contract hes going be/get/want, Buffalo needs to add. And not a 2nd round pick either. That's 'with' an extension in place.

O'Reilly is 22 and under team control for at LEAST 3 more years.

No thank you, and have a nice day.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If we're adding a winger, they need to play RW.

Hey, would SJ do Pavelski for O'Reilly? (Probably not, with the new extension.)

Point is that's the type of winger I'd like to see, someone with some two-way ability that can also put the puck into the net. 'Specifically' on the right side.

Pavs ability to take draws would be perfect with a young guy like Mack on the roster.

Edit : Wouldn't mind Wheeler either. (If we're specifically talking O'Reilly for a winger)

Last edited:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Hey, would SJ do Pavelski for O'Reilly? (Probably not, with the new extension.)

Point is that's the type of winger I'd like to see, someone with some two-way ability that can also put the puck into the net. 'Specifically' on the right side.

Pavs ability to take draws would be perfect with a young guy like Mack on the roster.

Edit : Wouldn't mind Wheeler either. (If we're specifically talking O'Reilly for a winger)

Eberle. Oilers will find out they need a #1b/2a type center pretty quickly next season once RNH goes down again. They have Yakupov to replace him and a deep defensive prospect core and something decent in the NHL to tide them over.

If we're moving ROR i'm targeting Eberle or JJ, getting anything else would be a failure on our part imho.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Eberle. Oilers will find out they need a #1b/2a type center pretty quickly next season once RNH goes down again. They have Yakupov to replace him and a deep defensive prospect core and something decent in the NHL to tide them over.

If we're moving ROR i'm targeting Eberle or JJ, getting anything else would be a failure on our part imho.

Regardless of value, I just find Eberle unrealistic to be honest. Not unless they get a little more serious about trading Gagner.

It's not often teams make big trades due to injuries.

Although, a lot of the other guys are unrealistic as well. Ryan would of been a good one pre-Sens trade.

Honestly, its JJ or bust for me. Unless they sign Phaneuf as a free-agent and then trade O'Reilly for a winger.

They could try to do both at the deadline depending on what's going on in Toronto at the time. Phaneuf would cost less as a deadline rental.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Colorado fans,

I was wondering with the hiring of Roy and that your plan is to start competing right away not really rebuilding, do you guys have interest in Thomas Vanek. You have plenty of Cap space and as an outsider it appears you guys need a big time scoring winger for your great center depth, and defense. I know that ROR cannot be traded until February but Buffalo hired Sacco who coached him for a while and he is a player that could help be a big part of our rebuild. Also ROR is set to begin the year at wing but Vanek is a natural winger.

Does something around

Vanek
+

for

ROR
+

interest Av fans?

If vanek had 3 years left on his deal, this would be something to consider, but I wouldn't give up ror for only 20 games of Crosby. It's an easy no for vanek.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Counter Proposal:

To Buffalo: Ryan O'Reilly & Jan Hejda
To Colorado: Tyler Myers & 2nd rounder

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Myers is the biggest risk in the NHL with that contract and the questions surrounding him. For the time being I'd rather keep Wilson and see what he pans out to. Though that first should be golden this year.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'd love to bring in Vanek if we trade Ryan for a dman at the deadline, but we wouldn't be able to offer more than your standard rental package.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I would think Vanek will test free agency next summer and Avs aren't in position to pay for expensive rentals.

MikeC

Feb 28, 2002
L'Assomption
Did I miss where Vanek signed an extension and is no longer a 29 year old, going on 30 UFA to be in a season?

Does anyone remember what Vanek's last full season point total was? 61 points

For the age and contract hes going be/get/want, Buffalo needs to add. And not a 2nd round pick either. That's 'with' an extension in place.

O'Reilly is 22 and under team control for at LEAST 3 more years.

No thank you, and have a nice day.

I agree with you 100%.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Counter Proposal:

To Buffalo: Ryan O'Reilly & Jan Hejda
To Colorado: Tyler Myers & 2nd rounder

I think this is horrible proposal. Myers is a wild-card. He had great first season, but he has been mess after that. ROR is more safe card at this point and Hejda is worth more to us than 2nd round pick. He's great partner for Barrie, so I wouldn't trade him 2nd.

It's amazing how underrated Hejda is here, I think he was our best defenseman last season. (Of course It doesn't say much, but still).. Overall he played very solid season.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If we are in the race around the deadline and can move Radar for Enstrom, I'd be so for giving up our first + prospect for Vanek. He'd score so many goals next to Stastny.

Landeskog - Duchene - Parenteau
Vanek - Stastny - McGinn
Tanguay - MacKinnon - Downie

Enstrom - Johnson
Hejda - Barrie
Wilson - Benoit

Is a playoff team and could be the type of environment that makes it very appealing for Vanek to stay with Staz cause they'd compliment each other so well on a team that's ready to start contending deep into the playoffs.

Man that would be cool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad