Prospect Info: Arttu Ruotsalainen

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
an interesting thing his team lost in qvarterfinals in the PO, 4-0 2 games to OT. in 2 games Ruotsalainen has the highest TOI on the ice its quite unusual that a forward has that.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The Sabres can't help but notice him if they're keeping an eye on Laaksonen.
Ilves Tampere 2018-19 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com
Ilves
Undrafted 20-year-old Arttu Ruotsalainen has been one of the best centres in the entire Liiga. So far, he has six goals and a total of 12 points in the first 11 games. He plays in every situation of Ilves and has recorded a 53.4 Corsi for percentage. He might very well get signed by an NHL organisation next summer.
Oskari Laaksonen (Buffalo Sabres’ third-round selection in 2017) has had an excellent start to his season with the team, as he already put up six points in the first 11 games. Laaksonen has good skating and intriguing offensive skill set. He has already shown that he can quarterback a power play and produce as a defenceman. Sabres must be very pleased with Laaksonen’s development so far.
Liiga Report – The Rundown

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think it is safe to say that Jhonas Enroth would approve of this signing were it to happen.

ewok_1.jpg

Reactions: Chainshot

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I'm Feeling Lazy On Sunday Question:

When would he be eligible to sign a contract with Buffalo? I'm assuming it's either July 1, or whenever his team's season ends.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
He's eligible to sign, from an NHL perspective, any time through June 1st. After June 1st, he wouldn't be able to sign until July 1st. As far as any non-NHL commitments go, I'm not sure anything else would preclude him from signing an NHL ELC at this time as the Finnish season is (almost) over. If he's taking part in the World Championships, then it wouldn't be a surprise if he waits until after to sign, but again I'm not sure there's anything that would prevent it from happening before then.

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
When Finland beat Russia in the Czeck turnament before WC , Ruotsalainen was their 1C, Russia first line Gusev,Malkin,Kucherov second Ovetchin, Kutznetsov, Dadonov.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad