Buffalo 2019-2020

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
This team can do so much by subtracting the anchors. Buffalo is primed to graduate multiple prospects (Pilut, Olofsson, Nylander). IMO subtracting Sobotka, Scandella, Pommers, and maybe upgrading from Risto... this team gets literally better by subtraction.

I truly believe this team isn’t being anchored by bad vets. Get a 2c, graduate Olofsson, Bylander and Pilut full time and have a couple others foght for.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Serious question - has this franchise ever in its history had an offseason in which nobody from outside the organization is brought into the 23 man roster?

The Sabres will have at least 3 new faces of varying degrees of importance, and there are plenty of scenarios where even that is an ultra-conservative change.

This is literally just what our current roster would likely be if all were healthy and played where they should be.

That’s what Botterill has been building up towards this team doing. He couldn’t build Rome in a day, but he got our minor league and prospect pool respectable in a year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Why do we have another roster thread?

Why is 1 of the 3 good forwards we have tradebait? Especially when he's 23??

Stupid ideas abound. Clearly they should have traded him mid-way through last year for a 2nd rounder and a middling prospect as was being touted by some.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Why do we have another roster thread?

Stupid ideas abound. Clearly they should have traded him mid-way through last year for a 2nd rounder and a middling prospect as was being touted by some.

Reinhart is slow, unengaged and plays with as much intensity as Bobby Ryan on a huge dose of xanax.

I would gladly trade him + ad a pick/prospect to get an upgrade (24 and below) who is also a "warrior".

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Reinhart is slow, unengaged and plays with as much intensity as Bobby Ryan on a huge dose of xanax.

I would gladly trade him + ad a pick/prospect to get an upgrade (24 and below) who is also a "warrior".
Like whom? I'd happily upgrade any position within reason, but what team is trading that player you're looking for, for a worse player and a random-chance-generating asset? Would you trade Jack for Vincent Trocheck plus the same? Dahlin for Quinn Hughes or Miro Heiskanen plus the same?

While our roster is a nuclear wasteland of talent beyond the first line, we need to focus our net asset expenditure on upgrading other parts of the roster, not changing out the good parts because we're stylistically grumpy with them.

Reactions: sabremike

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Like whom? I'd happily upgrade any position within reason, but what team is trading that player you're looking for, for a worse player and a random-chance-generating asset? Would you trade Jack for Vincent Trocheck plus the same? Dahlin for Quinn Hughes or Miro Heiskanen plus the same?

While our roster is a nuclear wasteland of talent beyond the first line, we need to focus our net asset expenditure on upgrading other parts of the roster, not changing out the good parts because we're stylistically grumpy with them.

We need sandpaper in the top-6, we only have soy boys.

How about Reinhart + for Max Domi?

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
I wonder if we could snatch Ehlers or Trouba off of WPG, they’ve got some tough decisions to make this summer.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
We need sandpaper in the top-6, we only have soy boys.

How about Reinhart + for Max Domi?
But put yourself in Montreal's perspective - why downgrade their 1C to a RW that scores less and "has less sandpaper" for the additional cost of a piece of junk that could be something good if you're lucky, but who knows how good?

Nobody would do this. The add would have to be big enough that it'd be a complete waste for us to not increase the net number of good players on our team.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
But put yourself in Montreal's perspective - why downgrade their 1C to a RW that scores less and "has less sandpaper" for the additional cost of a piece of junk that could be something good if you're lucky, but who knows how good?

Nobody would do this. The add would have to be big enough that it'd be a complete waste for us to not increase the net number of good players on our team.

Reinhart + Ristolainen for Domi & Mete?

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Only UFA worth getting is Hayes. Everyone else is a fool’s errand. He would bump Mittelstadt to the wing and Thompson to the minors until something changes in his game.

I mostly agree about Hayes, but why send Mittelstadt to wing when you can send Rodrigues to wing instead. Eichel-Hayes-Mitts-Larsson is decent, I'm not sure about Eichel-Hayes-Rodrigues-Larsson. I know you're not the only one who's talked about sending Mittelstadt to wing, but I don't see it when they badly need a C already. Rodrigues isn't even a natural C.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Olofsson-Eichel-Nylander
Skinner-Vet C-Reinhart
Sheary-Mittelstadt-ERod
Entire new 4th line consisting of speedy 2 way vet players capable of 10-12 goals each.4c needs to be astute at face offs

Dahlin-Montour
Pilut-Risto
New bottom pair. Acquire 2 defensive dmen who are strictly about their end.We need little to zero offensive production with how talented offensively the top 4 will be

Hutton
Ullmark

Though I would love to bring in Varlamov or Bob. We need a true #1.

Tage starts the season as Rochester's top forward. He would be first call up then Smith.

Of course this depends on our draft pick. If we luck out we could be seeing Hughes or Kakko in the top 6 if we win a top 2 pick. Regardless there is a slight chance our almost assured top 5 pick makes the team right away. The top 4 picks did last year.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Olofsson-Eichel-Nylander
Skinner-Vet C-Reinhart
Sheary-Mittelstadt-ERod
Entire new 4th line consisting of speedy 2 way vet players capable of 10-12 goals each.4c needs to be astute at face offs

Dahlin-Montour
Pilut-Risto
New bottom pair. Acquire 2 defensive dmen who are strictly about their end.We need little to zero offensive production with how talented offensively the top 4 will be

Hutton
Ullmark

Though I would love to bring in Varlamov or Bob. We need a true #1.

Tage starts the season as Rochester's top forward. He would be first call up then Smith.

Of course this depends on our draft pick. If we luck out we could be seeing Hughes or Kakko in the top 6 if we win a top 2 pick. Regardless there is a slight chance our almost assured top 5 pick makes the team right away. The top 4 picks did last year.

Sounds like another lottery pick to me.

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
I will wait until after the draft and fa signings to decide who should be traded.
Right now we are in no shape to be hanging up the phone on any team wanting to make a deal.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Ristouseless needs to be traded, we need to get the best asset we can now, before everyone realises that he infact, is useless. At least as a top pairing defenceman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad