Pre-Game Talk: Buffalo - 10/23/2013 8:00 PM - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Awesome, I will make a GDT with a New York Yankees theme or Denver Broncos one!!... may as well if we are going to have red sox right?

I get it... sox are in WS... be happy, celebrate... but let's not keep jamming the red sox down the collective throats of bruins fans is what I am saying.

Yes, please and thank you.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Speak for yourself. There will never be a day when a baseball game of any kind will ever trump a hockey game in my house. Even if the Yankees aren't golfing and are actually playing LOL ;)

My family watched both but hockey was #1.

My sis (and STH seatmate) will be watching the Sox. I hope they win but will watch the B's first and then switch over to see the Red Sox.

Now football :p:...Doesn't come in on my TV.

GO BRUINS !!!

GO RED SOX !!!

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Know what's worse than posts about the Red Sox? Posts complaining about posts about the Red Sox. ;)

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Speak for yourself. There will never be a day when a baseball game of any kind will ever trump a hockey game in my house. Even if the Yankees aren't golfing and are actually playing LOL ;)

It's not an issue.

You watch a pitch, then you watch hockey til the next commercial break, and get back to the WS in time for the next pitch! :laugh:

8Neely8

Jul 3, 2009
Good News - Might be going to the game.

Bad news. I never get to see the Bs starting goalie. Maybe it is because most of the games I go an see are against the Sabres.

On the other hand, a good old-fashioned shoot out would be fun to watch.

I just secured my tix and looking forward to Iginla netting his first tomorrow...book it!

Was kinda hoping to see Rask too...hopefully Ocho doesn't disappoint

Go Bruins!

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
I just hope for a Bruins win that's fun to watch particularly since I misread the date on the Tampa game and missed the whole game.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Here here!!

Nothing irks me more than Sox talk/pictures/crap flooding Bruins GDT's.

I can easily enough "click ignore" on the redsox thrread (and I do) I don't need to be subjected to redsox propaganda when I want to read about the Bruins.

Get used to it or go hide under a rock for the next 2+ weeks.

Go Sox!

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I welcome it too, im loving this sox team

But i do understand where people are coming from, we should probably keep most of it to the red sox thread since this is a Bruins discussion thread

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
:laugh: I for one welcome our temporary Red Sox GDT overlords.

Ooooo.

GDT Overlord. I like the sound of that. I think I'm making myself a badge, or trophy, or crown or something.

I guess I still haven't heard a good explanation for the hostility. Part of it....I know I for one am supersititious, and have been for years since I played both hockey and baseball (however did I manage to fit those those in my life, mercy?) I mean, come on...the Bruins spoon held mystifying powers, TP is scared all the time and Clode. The Sox are winning right now...Give some of that mojo to the guys at the Garden. The bigger piece is a civic pride thing and the fraternity/sorority of sport, especially in this town. Most of these guys all cheer for each other.

No, I won't completely use my GDT's to troll people who want to complain about something so incredibly insignificant.....and trust me, some of the ideas this particular overlord cooks up are downright trollish....but ultimately, it's supposed to be fun and my Bruin GDT are going to be 95% Bruins. If the other 5% is enough to rustle someone's jimmies, that's a "them" problem and not a "me" problem.

So says I. :laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Turn in your fan card!!!! Nothing trumps Bruins hockey!!!! :amazed:
But but but it's the World Series! ;)

In all seriousness.I'd rather discuss the lack of a powerplay than nitpick over GDT content :laugh:

I hope Ocho plays well. He really is this team's wildcard.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I welcome it too, im loving this sox team

But i do understand where people are coming from, we should probably keep most of it to the red sox thread since this is a Bruins discussion thread

and there is a Red Sox thread for those who want to post there :)

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
I guess I still haven't heard a good explanation for the hostility.

Same reason people freak out like banshees on fire when there are a few non Pats realted posts in the Patriots/NFL thread.
I just equate it to a nice cocktail party and a couple of women are talking about child birth experiences they had.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The Bruins and the Red Sox are going to be intertwined for the next 2 weeks and there's no getting around it. I won't be surprised if Saturday's game gets moved up since they've moved games for us in the past.

I wish we didn't have such a gap between games.

Again, if anyone has an issue with the content of the GDT, you can sign up here to make one that suits your fancy.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Why does every World Series game have to be on a hockey night?? (Or vice versa)

Going to have to go with the Sox, it's the World Series. Will miss out on a really good game(s), but whatever. Problems of being a Boston sports fan. ;) Best two games of the season so far, too.. I'll be flipping and I'll DVR it and watch right after. But I agree the long layoffs are really lame.

Also, cut it out about the Red Sox flaming. Just because you're a Bruins fan doesn't mean you have to hate the Red Sox, or any other Boston team for that matter. Absolutely ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad