Pre-Game Talk: Buffalo - 10/23/2013 8:00 PM - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I am psyched for the Sharks game. My daughter is flying home from Calif. to see her two favorite teams play. ...B's are her #1. ;) . It will be good to see her.

I hope she has a nice visit-but I hope her second favorite team loses ;)

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
This game might take the cake for lowest ratings for an NHL game all year.

All of Boston and NE will be watching the World Series, and the Sabres just suck so people in WNY and Southern Ontario will barely watch them. Then there are special fans like me who won't watch the Sabres to watch the Red Sox. :nod:

I'll be watching the game.

I give zero effs about the Sox.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Our first game on Wednesday Night Rivalry this season. Little blurb about it and the new NBCSN show "NHL Rivals" which has been airing prior to the Rivalry Night matchups:

NHL Rivals, which debuts this week on Tuesday at 11 p.m. on NBCSN, dovetails off NBCSN's Wednesday Night Rivalry, which Forbes dubbed "the hottest new brand in sports." This week's episode will feature the Boston Bruins and the Buffalo Sabres. The two teams are forever linked by memorable moments, including Buffalo forward Brad May's "May Day" overtime game-winner in the 1993 Stanley Cup Playoffs, and Bruins forward Milan Lucic's open-ice collision with Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller in 2011.

Following are excerpts from this week's episode of NHL Rivals.

Former Buffalo Sabres defenseman and head coach Lindy Ruff: "It wasn't about the scores. It was about looking over there and seeing which guys you'd have to worry about beating the crap out of you."

NBC analyst and former Bruins player/coach Mike Milbury: "It was like the 'O.K. Corral.' It's the stuff that's embedded in your brain for the rest of your life."

Former Sabres forward Brad May: "I loved every second of it. There were uncomfortable moments and times when I was afraid, but I absolutely loved it. It was so easy to get up for those games. You couldn't sleep in the afternoon, or you'd sleep with the lights on."

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...and-boston-bruins-on-wednesday-night-rivalry/

I still ****ing hate Brad May.

Last edited:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Hopefully the guys will put this one away in regulation since I'm sure they'll want to watch the Sox too.

I know Thornton and Looch are very big fans. Had to laugh on Sat when Thornton cut an interview short saying he wanted to watch the end of the game.

I don't care about baseball so will be watching hockey. I think the Bruing Sabres game starts late (and I have the feeling I will be made to switch to American Horror story by the teenagers in the house). I am not sure there will be much of a gap between the games.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
I'll be watching the game.

I give zero effs about the Sox.

Here here!!

Nothing irks me more than Sox talk/pictures/crap flooding Bruins GDT's.

I can easily enough "click ignore" on the redsox thrread (and I do) I don't need to be subjected to redsox propaganda when I want to read about the Bruins.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Here here!!

I can easily enough "click ignore" on the redsox thrread (and I do) I don't need to be subjected to redsox propaganda when I want to read about the Bruins.

Who are these Red Sox you speak of:sarcasm:

Hardly the color that suits me best......GO BRUINS:yo:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Here here!!

Cry moar.

I am going to Red Sox the **** out of the GDT tomorrow and I can't even wait!

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
All these days off bug the heck outta me, but it must really irk the players. Prolly one reason why they still look like they haven't jelled yet.

Glad to see Johnson get a start though...just cuz! :laugh:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
GDT will be up later this evening sometime.

I really wasn't certain what I was going to do with it before reading this thread. Now I'm almost certain it will be very Red Sox heavy on the theme.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
GDT will be up later this evening sometime.

I really wasn't certain what I was going to do with it before reading this thread. Now I'm almost certain it will be very Red Sox heavy on the theme.

Awesome, I will make a GDT with a New York Yankees theme or Denver Broncos one!!... may as well if we are going to have red sox right?

I get it... sox are in WS... be happy, celebrate... but let's not keep jamming the red sox down the collective throats of bruins fans is what I am saying.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Awesome, I will make a GDT with a New York Yankees theme or Denver Broncos one!!... may as well if we are going to have red sox right?

Perfect. Here's the GDT signup thread. I look forward to seeing your work.

I get it... sox are in WS... be happy, celebrate... but let's not keep jamming the red sox down the collective throats of bruins fans is what I am saying.

A. A good number of Bruin fans are Red Sox fans, both in general and on this board. A good number of Bruin players are Red Sox fans. The organizations themselves are all being pretty congratulatory of either other publicly. It's more about celebrating the success of the teams and the civic pride involved in being a fan of a Boston team.

B. You're being a tad dramatic about having the Red Sox jammed down your throat. After reading through the GDT's since the start of the season, that's not happening. People are perhaps providing updates on the scores to folks in the GDT...but then again, if that's "jamming the Red Sox down the collective throats" then I'm thinking your angst might be a tad displaced.

C. GDT participation is meant to be fun and laid back. Relax. In the grand scheme of things, if this is the most pressing issue for you today, I think you'll be okay.

I guess I don't understand the hostility that seems to be present in this board lately regarding the presence of the Red Sox. There's room for both in this town.

They're games. They're fun.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
This game might take the cake for lowest ratings for an NHL game all year.

All of Boston and NE will be watching the World Series, and the Sabres just suck so people in WNY and Southern Ontario will barely watch them. Then there are special fans like me who won't watch the Sabres to watch the Red Sox. :nod:

Speak for yourself. There will never be a day when a baseball game of any kind will ever trump a hockey game in my house. Even if the Yankees aren't golfing and are actually playing LOL ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad