Proposal: Buf-Tor

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I didn’t say that either. I know reading & understanding is hard, it’s ok.

All you’ve written is gibberish about trading him within the division that no one agrees with but you and then you try to deflect with low key insults to make yourself seem smarter haha. Out to lunch pal, you and Pierre Dorion would be best buds.

Reactions: 7even

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Ristolainen excels defensively? HAHAHAHAHA oh my god. He's horrible defensively. Horrid.

Hell no. Rielly isn't going anywhere. This is laughable.

Who said he excels defensively?

Are you referring to this post that was right above yours?

Yay another LHD for the Sabres. Risto doesnt excel defensively and MR value is overblown right now with the start hes having. Doesnt make sense, and Buffalo would have to add

NHL WAR

Sep 29, 2018
Only way Leafs make this trade is if Matthews is being held at gunpoint.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Out of all the guys that Leafs' fans have been pumping their tires over the years while everyone else said "lol whatever", Rielly is without a doubt the most "told you so" guy they have. Not an attack on the fanbase, every team has their guys, just pointing out Rielly is the real deal. He's one of the last guys they'll move and I see him as one of the most untouchable D in the league.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Rule 34 for HF: No matter how obviously bad a trade is for one team, there will always be someone from the other team who will claim it is actually unfair to their side.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Out of all the guys that Leafs' fans have been pumping their tires over the years while everyone else said "lol whatever", Rielly is without a doubt the most "told you so" guy they have. Not an attack on the fanbase, every team has their guys, just pointing out Rielly is the real deal. He's one of the last guys they'll move and I see him as one of the most untouchable D in the league.

I understand he’s untouchable when he is the only Dman on the team.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Buffalo declines. Rielly is good, but Risto's size is about to be on full display this season. He's beefed up heavily. He'll be a force to be reckoned with on the back end and Buffalo needs that. Besides, Buffalo doesn't need Risto to be a 1D anymore, they have their's, his name is Dahlin.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Rule 34 for HF: No matter how obviously bad a trade is for one team, there will always be someone from the other team who will claim it is actually unfair to their side.

Public Service Announcement to not google that.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Last 3 yrs...sane number of games
Risto 126 pts
Reilly 115 pts

Explain how “much better offensively” works...

One topped off at 45 points, the other had over 50 and looks well on his way to killing that. This was a discussion two or three years ago when Risto was killing it. He hasn’t progressed much since and you can make the case he regressed. Good enough for ya?

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
One topped off at 45 points, the other had over 50 and looks well on his way to killing that. This was a discussion two or three years ago when Risto was killing it. He hasn’t progressed much since and you can make the case he regressed. Good enough for ya?

One was on a team that had 270 goals, the other on a team that had 198. One was on a dynamic team which made his game look a ton better, the other was carrying a team that finished last or near last the last four years. Big difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mimsy

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Rielly is a nice player who plays LD. Rasmus Dahlin is a nice player with more upside who plays LD. He is a right shot but has primarily played LD and fits well there. Buffalo needs RD. Risto can and does play huge minutes in that position. There is no trade to be made her.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
One was on a team that had 270 goals, the other on a team that had 198. One was on a dynamic team which brought made his game look a ton better, the other was carrying a team that finished last or near last the last four years. Big difference.

Wasn’t that the same argument that was being used against Rielly when the Leafs were in the basement two years ago and the Sabres rebuild was ahead of theirs? Can’t have it both ways

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->