Proposal: Buf-Tor

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Yay another LHD for the Sabres. Risto doesnt excel defensively and MR value is overblown right now with the start hes having. Doesnt make sense, and Buffalo would have to add

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Ristolainen excels defensively? HAHAHAHAHA oh my god. He's horrible defensively. Horrid.

Hell no. Rielly isn't going anywhere. This is laughable.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
man, you missed the boat on assessing both of these guys. Ristolainen is the prototypical "Offensive dman with defensive warts" and Rielly as a "top 4" is I guess technically correct but purposefully disingenuous when he's a no doubt #1dman

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Why would Toronto downgrade their defense by trading their 24 year old 1D (coming off 52 points last season and with 14 points in 9 games this season) just to help fix Buffalo’s crummy blue line?

This trade will never happen.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Despite playing as a 1# for short stretches Risto belongs on the second pairing.
Rielly is a really good top pairing D, the gap in ability obviously makes this a no brainer as a Buffalo fan but our great need is a RHD.
Dahlin will be our 1LHD and then we have Pilut who should end up as a top 4 player as well.

Weird proposal.

Reactions: bukwas

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Easy no. Why would Toronto want to get worse defensively? Rielly’s offensive numbers are as good or better than Ristolainen’s as well.

You could add another Rasmus if you wanted. Not Rasmus Asplund though. Any add would have to be very very significant. I just don’t value Risto all that highly, sorry.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Rasmus Ristolainen for Morgan Rielly.

Buffalo improves defensively. Toronto gets a guy who although is lesser defensively, makes it up with his offensive capabilities..

Who adds?

Another stinker...dont quit your day job.

But since I'm here....TO laughs and hangs up.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Rasmus Ristolainen for Morgan Rielly.

Buffalo improves defensively. Toronto gets a guy who although is lesser defensively, makes it up with his offensive capabilities..

Who adds?

4 goals 10 assists in 9 games.... Ya Leafs want to flip him for someone with some offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad