Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Taylor Hall signs with the Sabres (1 year, $8M) Part 2

SB716

Jun 1, 2015
Hall Eichel Oloffsson
Skinner Staal Reinhart
Thompson Eakin Mittlestadt
Girgensons Lazar Okposo
Larsson Asplund

Dahlin Miller
Montour Ristolainen
Mccabe Jokiharju

Ullmark
Hutton

Cozens almost certainly makes this roster, and Mitts starts in Rochester.

Also, Larsson is no longer on this hockey team

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I think some people need to take a closer look at the sabres than what Taylor Hall called "the smoke"

Eichel
Hall
Reinhart
Staal
Skinner
Olofsson

Stack your team's top six and tell me how it's clearly better. There won't be many who can. A top 10 centre, a top 10 winger and depth. It should be good enough on its own to put them in the playoff race.

The Sabres have Rasmus Dahlin and a reasonable support staff on the blueline.
If they improve in goal, they will be a playoff team

nice

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
We are talking about how the Sabres top 6 compares to other teams
Let’s try the Western conference champions:
Eichel Seguin
Hall Benn
Reinhart Radulov
Staal Pavelski
Skinner Hintz
Olofsson Faksa

Or the team they beat to get there:
Eichel Karlsson
Hall Stone
Reinhart Pacioretty
Staal Smith
Skinner Marchesseault
Olofsson Tuch

How about the team that led their division?
Eichel Bergeron
Hall Pastrnak
Reinhart Marchand
Staal Krecji
Skinner Coyle
Olofsson Debrusk

They have a playoff worthy top six, pretty easily IMO

Ouch

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Hall took a big risk, and it was a bad choice. I guess he thought he could have racked up a lot of points playing with Eichel and the BUF power play unit. I bet he doesn't even get 9.5m on a 7 year deal after this mess. Keep in mind he's now a year older and will turn 30 almost as soon as hist next contract starts.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
tenor.gif

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
where would he go.

Toronto for sure. Colorado?

I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole if I were those teams... those 2 teams have a great thing going and why bring Hall in to mess it up... he was a great player for a couple seasons but there HAS to be something up with him... I can't figure out for the life of me why whatever teams he joins turn out to almost always be in the running for an upcoming 1st overall pick.

It's absolutely astounding

Could be a complete bizzare coincidence or could be something else we don't know

Reactions: irunthepeg

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole if I were those teams... those 2 teams have a great thing going and why bring Hall in to mess it up... he was a great player for a couple seasons but there HAS to be something up with him... I can't figure out for the life of me why whatever teams he joins turn out to almost always be in the running for an upcoming 1st overall pick.

It's absolutely astounding

Could be a complete bizzare coincidence or could be something else we don't know

Oh I’m not saying they should do it. He can choose. He would come to Toronto. He just bought a house and his partner lives there.

not sure where else. Boston/Colorado would be my guesses

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

atreyuavenged

Nov 28, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Avs probably wanted him at one point. We had to go with Saad instead which we're probably better off with. Got rid of a train wreck defensively in Zadorov. Not ruling him out at TDL though.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
He's been about as good as Eichel yet half the people here would blow their team up to get the latter. Strange how Hall gets none of that benefit of doubt being in the exact same shit situation

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Buffalo should retain 50% and move him to the highest bidder....oh wait he has a NMC..Man is Buffalo a disaster.

Admittedly, that's really dumb that he has a NMC, but would it even be an impediment in this case?

Hall is 29 and a player of his caliber needs to cash in now, or as soon as possible. Clearly the Buffalo thing was an attempt to wait out the bad UFA market (and wait until some teams have cap and can fight over him) but it's not really working in terms of advancing his chances at a fat deal this summer. If Buffalo had a solid trade offer on the table, and Hall would get the chance to actually chase a cup, surely he would say yes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->