Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Sabres Sign Casey Nelson (1 Year, $700K)

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
An offense minded RHD? Who may or may not be good enough for bottom six duty?

I guess we sorely needed a Bogosian replacement as the sixth best RHD on the depth chart.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
An offense minded RHD? Who may or may not be good enough for bottom six duty?

I guess we sorely needed a Bogosian replacement as the sixth best RHD on the depth chart.
I know that the Sabres defense isn’t good, but to refer to them as the bottom six is just unfair. Haha.

Look, I don’t see Nelson as a “game changer”, but we’ve gone through the playoffs and the start of the offseason with rumors of a team cap around $70M.

Instead the Sabres are not only spending to the cap, they are also adding depth in Rochester with veterans on 1 way deals.

If you go back to the days when the Sabres actually we’re a playoff team, we were bitten hard by injuries and no one was there to fill in. Then they acquired a bunch of Rochester lottery tickets to try and fix the problem should it arise again. I think it is refreshing to see them acquire legit depth, especially with a pandemic very much a concern as the season approaches.

Reactions: Luckylarry

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
I like Casey. Decent 6/7 tweener who can carry a bigger load in a pinch. Long term he may end up being a middle pair guy with the right partner.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Look, I don’t see Nelson as a “game changer”, but we’ve gone through the playoffs and the start of the offseason with rumors of a team cap around $70M.

That 70M Cap seems to be more fiction than fact at this point.

Sabres are already at 65+ million (I believe) and still need to sign Reinhart, Olafsson and a goalie. That's easily another 10+, no?

Reactions: Eichel9

Digable5

Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
That 70M Cap seems to be more fiction than fact at this point.

Sabres are already at 65+ million (I believe) and still need to sign Reinhart, Olafsson and a goalie. That's easily another 10+, no?
In the line you quoted I said "rumor", and my very next sentence is, "Instead the Sabres are not only spending to the cap, they are also adding depth in Rochester with veterans on 1 way deals".

So..........................................yeah.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
In the line you quoted I said "rumor", and my very next sentence is, "Instead the Sabres are not only spending to the cap, they are also adding depth in Rochester with veterans on 1 way deals".

So..........................................yeah.

How does that change anything I said? I was simply reinforcing your point.

You need not take things so personally.

Digable5

Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
How does that change anything I said? I was simply reinforcing your point.

You need not take things so personally.
Who said I’m taking it personally? You edited my quote and eliminated the part you are saying you are reinforcing. We agree so who cares? Go Sabres!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad