Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Sabres re-sign G Malcom Subban (1 year, $850k, two-way)

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Why? Excellent locker room guy who is a depth player.
Another goalie gone! What are the teams gonna do!

I mean, it's a dirt cheap no risk two-way depth contract where he'll play in the AHL mostly. What's wrong with it?
The guy is one of the worst technical goalies I've ever seen. Most goalies that play that style have to be legit studs to make it that far. But this guy? If his name wasn't Subban he'd be in the ECHL.

There's better goalies out there who will never get a chance because this guy gets a roster spot, based only on his name

Reactions: Victor Z

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Blows my mind that this guy still gets contracts

Why? He's beloved in the room. He's either our organizational 3 or 4 depending on what we do with a "starter" in net..........which is his ideal spot. Not completely incompetent in the NHL (I'm looking straight at you, Aaron Dell) and should be a rock for Rochester.

Reactions: Gabrielor

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The guy is one of the worst technical goalies I've ever seen. Most goalies that play that style have to be legit studs to make it that far. But this guy? If his name wasn't Subban he'd be in the ECHL.

There's better goalies out there who will never get a chance because this guy gets a roster spot, based only on his name
He's a freak athlete. He's absolutely fine as your third goalie.

Reactions: KrakenSabresMike

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Scan down the FA Frenzy page to see all the anonymous guys who signed 2-ways for league minimum or close to it. Malcolm is just like them, except for his name recognition and draft pedigree. He'll be a backup for 6K in Rochester.

If the season goes well, Subban will see very limited time with Buffalo. Calm down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad