Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Sabres Extend Sam Reinhart (1 Year, $5.2M)

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Look at stats (faceoffs in particular) and watch the games and you'll see your information is wrong

Many sites are unreliable for player positions, especially converted centers

Would guarantee NHL GMs aren't going off his listed position on Hockeydb

Back on topic ~ this is a fine contract that gives the Sabres plenty of options for next offseason
I'm not saying that he's a center. I'm saying that it would benefit the team to represent him as one. And that the vast majority of NHL media sites still list him as one.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
I'm not saying that he's a center. I'm saying that it would benefit the team to represent him as one. And that the vast majority of NHL media sites still list him as one.

Sure, don't disagree

Just skeptical other teams won't see right through it. A team desperate for depth behind Eichel didn't really play one of their better players at C just because?

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
How on earth...Lol

Only leaf fans could come into this thread in droves and criticize this in order to make them feel better about JT, Marner & Matthews lol

Fair contract that has 0 risk for Buffalo as he is still an RFA afterwards. Gives Sabres more cap flexibility, and gives us an option after Dahlin's next deal to decide on Reinhart or Hall long term if it comes to that.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Nice off season continues for Adams & his Sabres. Always like to see Arbitration avoided. I thought this would be higher based on speculations.
0A1E5950-967F-4DDC-9F24-91A19A064139.gif

But agree with the idea that it’s like the 3rd year of his Bridge Deal and there’s still another RFA year left at the end.

Really happy for the Buffalo fan base, they’re finally getting consistent good news. I for one questioned the bloodletting & hiring of Kevyn, but it’s looking good so far.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Sabres are fools (again). Stop giving Eichel’s line mates full credit for their offensive numbers. This guy would be lucky to break 50 points without Eichel. The reason you pay Eichel that contract is because he makes his wingers better. Stop double paying for that production.

Reactions: Morrison

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
How can you be so wrong when the math is so easy lol

50pts = 5m

70pts = 7m

(with your comparison ofc)

Looks like both contracts followed the same trend and this Nylander' contract isn't a steal compared to Reinhart.

Now move along leafs fan. You seem to have lost your way from your main board.
Except years..which was already stated

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Feels like a bit of an overpay based on the flat cap, but it’s not the end of the world either way. You’d think you’d try to lock him up long term though. It’s not like you don’t know what you’re getting. He’s been a pretty consistent 50-60 point winger for years
LOL, It’s a one year contract. Flat cap doesn’t come into play.

Way too many people talk about the “flat cap” and not know what they are talking about.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
LOL, It’s a one year contract. Flat cap doesn’t come into play.

Way too many people talk about the “flat cap” and not know what they are talking about.

The flat cap means the teams didn't have the money they expected at this point in time. You lol away.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
The flat cap means the teams didn't have the money they expected at this point in time. You lol away.
LOL. He got the % of the cap he would have got in any other year. There’s no projecting, there is no extra years to consider the cap going up. It’s just a % of the cap.

The flat cap doesn’t come into play with this contract. Or are you seriously making an issue over the 125K more he would have got if the cap continued to go up? Or more likely you don’t understand the impact of the “flat cap”.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
From a leaf’s fan, I think this contract is good for the sabres.

His zone stats Are okay. Rapm in 2019-20 is okay but his 2016-2019 rapm numbers are even better.

edited: was rambling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad