Proposal: [BUF-MTL] 1 for 1ish

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I'm not sure I'd refer to a 50 ish point defensive center in those terms. Either the "sure shot 2C "or the "selke contender" parts

Ehl9fr0XcAEE0_5

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I think Danault is in for a shock if he thinks he is going to get much more of role with anyone including Montreal. He already led all forwards on their team in ice time at 18:51 not counting Kovy at 22 games of just a bit more. With that he put up 47 pts, which isn't great for that much ice time. What exactly is his complaint about usage? They really can't give a 50 pt guy much more ice time as 19 minutes is already really high for any player let alone one with so few points.

I think he is a very good 2 way guy and PK guy, but if you want to be a big boy you gotta play like a big boy.
Don't think he complain about the time he was getting in the reg season, but he was put on the '3rd line' in the playoffs, that's what he was complaining about. It wasn't exactly complaints either, he basically just said he proved over the last seasons he can contribute offensively too and doesn't want a strictly defensive role going forward. He has had minimal PP time, most of his production comes 5vs5. He has a positive offensive impact playing top opposition 5vs5. Not sure what Reinhart is doing more? Haven't seen has much of him as I did Danault, but the stats and advance stats aren't really favoring him... not sure what's the deal with people saying this is robbery or very bad for Buffalo...

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Don't think he complain about the time he was getting in the reg season, but he was put on the '3rd line' in the playoffs, that's what he was complaining about. It wasn't exactly complaints either, he basically just said he proved over the last seasons he can contribute offensively too and doesn't want a strictly defensive role going forward. He has had minimal PP time, most of his production comes 5vs5. He has a positive offensive impact playing top opposition 5vs5. Not sure what Reinhart is doing more? Haven't seen has much of him as I did Danault, but the stats and advance stats aren't really favoring him... not sure what's the deal with people saying this is robbery or very bad for Buffalo...

In the playoffs he went from 18:51 to 19+ minutes per game and leader of all Habs forwards, so his complaint or issue makes even less sense then.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Look in the mirror instead of posting BS.

I’m not full of myself to spend all that time doing that. I’ve literally accepted or proposed plenty of “xx from the Sabres” or “xx to the Sabres” proposals that were fair value. Or perceived fair value.

As far as Danault, he’s not worth #8. Now if he is signing an extension, then he’s worth it IMO.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
I’m not full of myself to spend all that time doing that. I’ve literally accepted or proposed plenty of “xx from the Sabres” or “xx to the Sabres” proposals that were fair value. Or perceived fair value.

As far as Danault, he’s not worth #8. Now if he is signing an extension, then he’s worth it IMO.
ALL the deal is based around Danault accepting an extension... you would have known if you read the proposal

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
In Buffalo’s he’s not going to because he won’t be a 2C after yr one.
These designations of 2C, 3C, etc are stupid. Danault if acquired could do all the defensive heavy lifting required of this team, there'd be a sizable role for him this coming season and in the future. Let's not pretend that Cozens is a sure thing. Now would I trade Reinhart for him? Absolutely not. Reinhart is younger, more productive offensively, has more team control, and is a great possession player. You move him and you've created a bigger hole than you're trying to fill. Players that are pending UFA's and get dealt (even with an agreed up extension in place) don't return young top line players. The return is typically a 1st + filler as needed and that's usually from a team picking in the bottom third of the 1st round.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
The Habs are not trading Danault. They have nobody close to being ready to replace him. Trading him would set the team back far more than trading Domi, Drouin, etc...

Complaints about his usage are probably mostly media BS. In the regular season he was by far the most used forward on the team, and on the PK. In the playoffs he not only had to most usage of any other forward but also over 2/3 of the PK time.

He is not replaceable.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I KNOW Buff loves him, I know, but you guys would be getting a sure shot #2c selke contender, hard working center

- MTL is officially shopping Danault over Domi because they don't like his contract talk direction and ask from MTL
- Based around Danault Willing to sign in Buffalo during the year, needs to agree verbally. (from sources, the price is between what Nelson and Hayes got)
- MTL needs a 6'1+ 20-35 goals scorer who shots from the right
- Danault brings leadership and hard working in Buffalo, which they need.

:habs
- Sam Reinhart (24 y.o - 6'1)

:sabres
- Philip Danault (27 years old - 6'1) verbally agrees to re-sign with Buff
- MTL 2021 first (top 10 protected) or Ylonen/Brook/Poehling prospect
yeah i dont see Danault leaving over Domi. KK has had good series, but he is still unproven as 2C. Danault is so good on the defensive aspect of things that i hope he eventually settles for 3C if we find him good partners. I am curious.. what do you guys think? Is Domi more valuable at C than Danault?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
The thing is you’re such a Habs homer I literally can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not. I’ve never seen you accept any proposed deal unless the Habs make out like bandits.
Your such a Sabres homer I literally can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not. I’ve never seen you accept any proposed deal unless the Sabres make out like bandits.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Op said,
Based around Danault Willing to sign in Buffalo .
Next time try reading.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad