Proposal: [BUF-MTL] 1 for 1ish

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Unlike many other Sabres fans. I fine with trafing Reinhart in a good deal.

This isn’t one of them.

Issues...
1 Danault could walk after the next season.
2 they have a Cozens and Mittlestadt who both could be 2C by 21/22.. one of thrm eill.
3 Danault is on record of not being a 3C which means he is prone to walk.
4. Reinhart could play 2C if they just put him there.
5. I’m not sure what the coach wants...is it line 1-2 offense, line 3 checking, or is it 1 offensive, 2 checking with offense, 3 line who is scoring but strong defense. I look at the Sabres and say they need more of a defensive checking center who can contribute offensively.

The issue in buffalo is not having a second scoring line. What exactly is a center? Reinhart can do thst. He might not be good at draws but Skinner is good stdraws so have Skinner with him
Playing center in real life isn't like it is in a video game. Reinhart isn't a good center at the NHL level, similiarly to how TJ Oshie struggled at center early in his career. It mostly has to do with D-Z coverage and constantly supporting the puck all over the ice, reinharts skating doesn't allow him to do those things and tho he has a good brain/IQ, it's not good enough and the compete level on pucks isn't there either, again talking defensively. Center is just so much different than wing in almost every aspect. Yes, the game is all about F1,F2,F3 etc... rather than positions but the players still tend to roll and play their designated position in the D-Z even, if they're mixed up initially off the back check.

I'm personally not a huge believer in cozens and mitts is scaring me. Danault checks #5 for you and will provide scoring as a 2C..... I didn't realize about #1, that's the biggest hindrance in this potential deal imo.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Playing center in real life isn't like it is in a video game. Reinhart isn't a good center at the NHL level, similiarly to how TJ Oshie struggled at center early in his career. It mostly has to do with D-Z coverage and constantly supporting the puck all over the ice, reinharts skating doesn't allow him to do those things and tho he has a good brain/IQ, it's not good enough and the compete level on pucks isn't there either, again talking defensively. Center is just so much different than wing in almost every aspect. Yes, the game is all about F1,F2,F3 etc... rather than positions but the players still tend to roll and play their designated position in the D-Z even, if they're mixed up initially off the back check.

I'm personally not a huge believer in cozens and mitts is scaring me. Danault checks #5 for you and will provide scoring as a 2C..... I didn't realize about #1, that's the biggest hindrance in this potential deal imo.

Cozens snd Mitts both can play center. They both have the skills and the speed as you said. Mitts did earn mvp at WUC for a reason. He has the skills. He needs to build strength and conditioning and restore his confidence. He might be the type who need good players playing with him andidnt the type who could elevate player like top 1Cs can

Cozens pro rated had a very very good D+1 season. Even if he does come in next year playing 2C, he dhoukd the following season.

As I said above...beside Damault is a 27 yr old center 1 yr from UFA, he also wants a 2C offense role. Buffalo has mitts/cozens/ this year 1st who take it away from him.

There are others out there who are on 1 yr left contracts that can fill 2C role and be fine and cost a lot less if Buffalo formats the lines like

xxx-Eichel-xxx
Skinner-xxx-Reinhart

You don’t need a great 2C to carry the second line. A 3C coukd do that for one year.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

There's just absolutely nothing to draw that conclusion from. It's baseless speculation. The only time he's been tried at C at the NHL level was a few years ago for ~3 games with AHL wingers.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
There's just absolutely nothing to draw that conclusion from. It's baseless speculation. The only time he's been tried at C at the NHL level was a few years ago for ~3 games with AHL wingers.
You do realize f1 on the backcheck is generally playing center for the entirety of that instance until the pucks out of the zone or they can communicate and roll back. He’s played plenty of “center” at times even if that wasn’t his position on the lineup sheet. He’s just better suited on the wing in the nhl hence why the Sabre’s keep him there.....

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Its aweful for Buffalo. The only people who dont think so are Habs fans.... Weird.
Ya sure.Your probably one of those that believes Montour or a 2nd rd pick is Danault's value.:laugh:
Weird how some non -Hab fans think it's a fair offer ,Strange you haven't read that.
Or maybe the blinders have you pass on those post.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Its aweful for Buffalo. The only people who dont think so are Habs fans.... Weird.
have you not read the entire thread ? a lot of Buf fans thought it fair, and neutral fans wouldn't do it on MTL Pov... idk where you have been or what you have read

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
have you not read the entire thread ? a lot of Buf fans thought it fair, and neutral fans wouldn't do it on MTL Pov... idk where you have been or what you have read

Sabres fan here doesn't think it's fair. If Danault was such a good value, MTL would keep him regardless of his contract demands given how center desperate NHL teams are.

Sabres trading a core RFA for a soon-to-be UFA is poor asset management.

Reactions: bert

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I KNOW Buff loves him, I know, but you guys would be getting a sure shot #2c selke contender, hard working center

- MTL is officially shopping Danault over Domi because they don't like his contract talk direction and ask from MTL
- Based around Danault Willing to sign in Buffalo during the year, needs to agree verbally. (from sources, the price is between what Nelson and Hayes got)
- MTL needs a 6'1+ 20-35 goals scorer who shots from the right
- Danault brings leadership and hard working in Buffalo, which they need.

:habs
- Sam Reinhart (24 y.o - 6'1)

:sabres
- Philip Danault (27 years old - 6'1) verbally agrees to re-sign with Buff
- MTL 2021 first (top 10 protected) or Ylonen/Brook/Poehling prospect

No thanks. I will say it's not a terrible offer. Danault is a really solid option for Buffalo at 2nd line center. However, I'm not trading Sam, unless it's a package you cannot walk away from. Not interested in a conditional 1st next year and while I like Ylonen, it's not enough for me.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lol this is hilariously bad for Buffalo

Reinhart's value >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Danault's value

You sure you used enough ">" ?

Habs not trading Danault so the Sabres and the rest of the NHL are safe. But until we sign him... be prepared for more Danault trade talk.

Domi on the other hand... probably traded. Relationship is tarnish and we got no center spot open for him. Moving Danault instead of Domi is dumb.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
The thing is you’re such a Habs homer I literally can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not. I’ve never seen you accept any proposed deal unless the Habs make out like bandits.
Look in the mirror instead of posting BS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad