Proposal: [BUF-MTL] 1 for 1ish

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Where’s the evidence? Neither have asked for a trade. Trading Danault makes zero sense until KK and Suzuki are more established.

Trading Domi makes more sense but there is no evidence that MB is shopping him. MB confirmed Domi has not asked for a trade.
Have you not heard Friedman...?

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I think Buffalo should take it just to shut down horrible Danault proposals. But for real, awful for the Sabres.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
What. Do you expect MB to announce he is going to trade Danault? MB should fly to Buffalo with a pen if they were willing to do that deal. They can have an unprotected 2021 pick if they want.
Montreal aren't making that trade.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
I have yet to see anything from a solid source that says Danault is being shopped.

If Danault was willing to sign an extension, he would have very solid value. Without the extension still worth a decent amount to the right team. The speculation is that he wants to play as a top 6 C, so based on that, a team willing to give him the role he wants, would have an opportunity to resign him.

Although Reinhart plays RW I don’t think he’s answer on their right side. IMO he doesn’t play the traditional power forward role they should be looking for.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Danault and Domi for Reinhart and what?
To trade both it would have to be an overpay situation or Montreal has something lined up for another C.

If Danault goes Domi stays for insurance and vice versa IMO. It would be extremely unwise for the Habs to go into next season with Sukuzi, KK and Evans as their centre depth. Especially when they currently have the best C depth they’ve had in probably the last 20 years or so.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think Danault is in for a shock if he thinks he is going to get much more of role with anyone including Montreal. He already led all forwards on their team in ice time at 18:51 not counting Kovy at 22 games of just a bit more. With that he put up 47 pts, which isn't great for that much ice time. What exactly is his complaint about usage? They really can't give a 50 pt guy much more ice time as 19 minutes is already really high for any player let alone one with so few points.

I think he is a very good 2 way guy and PK guy, but if you want to be a big boy you gotta play like a big boy.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Reinhart can just play Center......
They've been starving for a 2C....he's obviously not the answer at center.....otherwise this thread wouldn't even exist.

Danault and a 1st for reinhart is fair IMO....Reinhart is a smart skilled player, but a bit overvalued by stat watchers and i think we can all agree his stats are padded pretty well by Eichel. Danault as the 2C would help buffalo win more games imo and obviously a 1st is a 1st.

With guys like olofsson emerging and the ability to find/sign/trade for wingers being generally much easier than finding top 6 C's, i think buffalo would do this without thinking twice. But unlike most on these boards, I appreciate Danault's 200 ft game and defensive ability/attention to detail more, so even if he's just a 50-55pt guy, I think he's pretty much the exact type of player buffalo needs behind eichel, if they, ya know...wish to start actually winning hockey games.

Reactions: Tanknation

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
They've been starving for a 2C....he's obviously not the answer at center.....otherwise this thread wouldn't even exist.

Danault and a 1st for reinhart is fair IMO....Reinhart is a smart skilled player, but a bit overvalued by stat watchers and i think we can all agree his stats are padded pretty well by Eichel. Danault as the 2C would help buffalo win more games imo and obviously a 1st is a 1st.

With guys like olofsson emerging and the ability to find/sign/trade for wingers being generally much easier than finding top 6 C's, i think buffalo would do this without thinking twice. But unlike most on these boards, I appreciate Danault's 200 ft game and defensive ability/attention to detail more, so even if he's just a 50-55pt guy, I think he's pretty much the exact type of player buffalo needs behind eichel, if they, ya know...wish to start actually winning hockey games.

Unlike many other Sabres fans. I fine with trafing Reinhart in a good deal.

This isn’t one of them.

Issues...
1 Danault could walk after the next season.
2 they have a Cozens and Mittlestadt who both could be 2C by 21/22.. one of thrm eill.
3 Danault is on record of not being a 3C which means he is prone to walk.
4. Reinhart could play 2C if they just put him there.
5. I’m not sure what the coach wants...is it line 1-2 offense, line 3 checking, or is it 1 offensive, 2 checking with offense, 3 line who is scoring but strong defense. I look at the Sabres and say they need more of a defensive checking center who can contribute offensively.

The issue in buffalo is not having a second scoring line. What exactly is a center? Reinhart can do thst. He might not be good at draws but Skinner is good stdraws so have Skinner with him

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I really don't see Danault wanting to sign an extension with the Sabres. On that basis, it makes zero sense for either team. IF Habs were to trade Danault - they won't - but if they did, they would extract max value via an extension. The more obvious option is to re-sign Danault. Habs can't afford to lose him as of yet. They need to insulate KK and Suzuki.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

To the contrary, I think a lot of people undervalue Reinhart because of who he plays with. Reinhart has improved every line he's ever played on. He's a strong possession driver---if anything, he's better away from Eichel because he's not deferring to anyone else on the ice, just playing his game. He's also a lock to score at least 20 goals a season, while Danault has never scored more than 13. Those things are pretty significant for a team whose primary problem is a dearth of forwards other than Eichel who can drive play and score.

The Sabres would be much better off just having Reinhart play his natural position and be our 2C himself than making this trade.

E: Also, frankly, f*** a future mid-late 1st. The Sabres don't need value gap-filler. They need to be a better team now.

Reactions: seagull

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Montreal can afford to make this trade what with Nick Suzuki and a couple of prayer beads at the center ice position

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad