Proposal: BUF/MIN

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Seeing as Minnesota has made a couple of moves and Fenton has the green light to do whatever he pleases, thought I’d ask to see how realistic it would be for Minnesota to trade either Jason Zucker or Mikael Granlund, and what would you want back for either player? (From Buffalo) Just trying to gauge Value. I don’t think 1st+nylander+guhle would be enough

It’s for one of the players btw not both

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Seeing as Minnesota has made a couple of moves and Fenton has the green light to do whatever he pleases, thought I’d ask to see how realistic it would be for Minnesota to trade either Jason Zucker or Mikael Granlund, and what would you want back for either player? (From Buffalo) Just trying to gauge Value. I don’t think 1st+nylander+guhle would be enough

It’s for one of the players btw not both
Minnesota takes a 1st, Nylander and Guhle for Zucker and runs far away. More realistically I think we'd be looking at a pretty good right-shot forward prospect/young NHL'er and a 2nd or 3rd. An Arizona fan mentioned Fischer + 2nd yesterday, which would be peachy with me.

Granlund's a whole other kettle of fish. I think he's available, but I have no freaking clue how to square what I'd want for him with what Fenton seems to be comfortable selling guys for.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Minnesota takes a 1st, Nylander and Guhle for Zucker and runs far away. More realistically I think we'd be looking at a pretty good right-shot forward prospect/young NHL'er and a 2nd or 3rd. An Arizona fan mentioned Fischer + 2nd yesterday, which would be peachy with me.

Granlund's a whole other kettle of fish. I think he's available, but I have no freaking clue how to square what I'd want for him with what Fenton seems to be comfortable selling guys for.

Easy, take the value you want, divide it by 2, add a mid to late round pick

As for OP, I’m sure they both available, but I won’t even fathom a guess as to what it would be for. He seems to be going for guys who are younger than our guys (slightly), who have shown skill in past years (either in the NHL or otherwise) who are perhaps in need of a change of scenery, or stuck down the depth chart, but can still in theory play in the NHL this season. Got anyone that fits the bill?

And while I have no interest in Nylander or Guhle, that package is still too much for Zucker at these rates. And doesn’t really match what Fenton seems to be after either.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
1st nylander and guhle I would do for Granlunud if I was Buffalo but Minnesota probably passes. Definitely would not do that for Zucker who had one good year.

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario

As for OP, I’m sure they both available, but I won’t even fathom a guess as to what it would be for. He seems to be going for guys who are younger than our guys (slightly), who have shown skill in past years (either in the NHL or otherwise) who are perhaps in need of a change of scenery, or stuck down the depth chart, but can still in theory play in the NHL this season. Got anyone that fits the bill?

And while I have no interest in Nylander or Guhle, that package is still too much for Zucker at these rates. And doesn’t really match what Fenton seems to be after either.

That’s the thing buffalo really has nobody with much value on their NHL roster besides guys lke Eichel Reinhart Risto who I really wouldn’t move. They have Evan Rodrigues, Tage Thompson, id be okay with moving girgensons in a move for an upgrade upfront. Scandella, Beaulieu on D. We really don’t have a whole lot of value on the NHL roster. In terms of AHL Victor Oloffsson is having a really good year after leading the SHL in goals last year, he has the best shot/release in the entire organization. Then guys like Alex Nylander, Asplund, Guhle. Like I have no idea how we’re going to get players lmao. I would have loved the nino trade but we have no one on nhl roster in the same value spectrum, so yeah I’m not sure

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017

The young right shot forwards would be Nylander and Thompson. They have potential but have yet to show it at the NHL level. Although theres little chance the GM would trade his precious headliner from the ROR trade debacle.

At forward most of the available forwards are 21 or 31. Most of the Sabres realistic trade capital is 1st round picks and LHD.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The young right shot forwards would be Nylander and Thompson. Although theres little chance the GM would trade his precious headliner from the ROR trade debacle.

At forward most of the available forwards are 21 or 31. Most of the Sabres realistic trade capital is 1st round picks and LHD.
Would they move a 1st for Zucker?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I want speaking specifically about Zucker. Just listing what Buffalo has to offer in any trades.
Fair. I also have to agree with the above that Fenton seems to be more interested in guys that are closer to the NHL than picks, so I'm not sure that a 1st is the right piece regardless.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Fair. I also have to agree with the above that Fenton seems to be more interested in guys that are closer to the NHL than picks, so I'm not sure that a 1st is the right piece regardless.

Yeah. I'm not sure how close Fenton would consider Nylander to being an NHL contributor. I mean I'm not a fan of Rask and would rather gamble on Nylander than take Rasks contract, but Rask at least has shown one good NHL season. It seems that's more what he's looking for.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I would move a first for Zucker. What’s his contract
He's making $5.5m for 4 years after this one. I wouldn't expect him to be a 30G 65Pt guy, but I also don't think this year is indicative of what he'll be. 25-ish goals and 50-55 points is probably about right if he's in the top-6.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He's making $5.5m for 4 years after this one. I wouldn't expect him to be a 30G 65Pt guy, but I also don't think this year is indicative of what he'll be. 25-ish goals and 50-55 points is probably about right if he's in the top-6.

If Zucker is a contingency plan for Skinner walking this summer and he gets to play with Eichel for the next four years I can see him eclipsing those 25/55 numbers

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If Zucker is a contingency plan for Skinner walking this summer and he gets to play with Eichel for the next four years I can see him eclipsing those 25/55 numbers
Yeah if they put him next to Eichel he could put up some ridiculous numbers.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Does BUF have any cap space to play with? I can certainly see Zucker being moved for like Thompson and a 2nd, or something like that.

Granlund would probably be one player that the Wild would keep, and would command a far greater price if dealt, but who knows with Fenton. So far he has been anything but a shrewd negotiator.

In general, I don't see why BUF would be in a rush to make a TDL move. They aren't a Zucker away from being a contender.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
1st nylander and guhle I would do for Granlunud if I was Buffalo but Minnesota probably passes. Definitely would not do that for Zucker who had one good year.

Nah, he was pretty darn good in 16-17 considering where he played in the lineup and not getting any PP time. Matter of fact, he was so good that he was a pretty easy sleeper pick going into 17-18. This year? Really hard to explain it.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah good contract relatively speaking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->