Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] D Rasmus Dahlin signs extension with the Sabres (8 years, $11M AAV)

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
[/QUOTE]
destined for mediocracy

Mediocracy: A democratically elected state of mediocrity.

Personally, I voted for cup contender, but a lot of Buffalo fans were too scared of another failed championship run. So the majority chose "mid" on the ballots, and Terry Pegula set to deliver it. From Ron Rolston to Ralph Krueger, from Tim Murray's pee-pee whacking to the situation with Botterill.

At least Dahlin will be able to sleep well on his bed of $88 million dollars, as he will apparently be sad and lonely.

Reactions: Tachycineta

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
Non top 5D in the league should not be making 11M

Makar, Fox, McAvoy, all are a lot under 11M and are better then him, but they signed under lower cap.

Dahlin ceiling is lower than Malar and Fox but probably better than McAvoy

He still needs to improve to be worth 11M
I thought it was a little high, as he was basically a half point dman, and now currently making more then many better dman. But, as everything goes forward, it will be a solid to great contract.
It, reminds of when Stafford was briefly the highest paid QB in the NFL, and everyone sh** a brick. 2 week's latter, Carr beat him out and then Roger's, and now the recent contracts dwarf all off those.🤑🤑🤑🤑

Non top 5D in the league should not be making 11M

Makar, Fox, McAvoy, all are a lot under 11M and are better then him, but they signed under lower cap.

Dahlin ceiling is lower than Malar and Fox but probably better than McAvoy

He still needs to improve to be worth 11M
I thought it was a little high, as he was basically a half point dman, and now currently making more then many better dman. But, as everything goes forward, it will be a solid to great contract.
It, reminds of when Stafford was briefly the highest paid QB in the NFL, and everyone sh** a brick. 2 week's latter, Carr beat him out and then Roger's, and now the recent contracts dwarf all off those.🤑🤑🤑🤑

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
It is insane to me that the people who watch this guy every single night (and their GM has a reputation for signing guys to great value contracts) are all good with this contract but people are telling us how to feel. But that’s HFB for you. Dahlin was easily our best player last year and the year before.

Yeah, it’s not a discount but it’s a fair deal and will be about 12% of the cap when it kicks in. It’s buying 7 of his UFA years.

And Dahlin could absolutely win a Norris for the entirety of the contract so idk about that.

It's even weirder that it's fans of teams outside of the division. Most wings fans including me thinks it's a good signing.

Leafs fans are gonna leaf

Reactions: 1point21Gigawatts

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
It's even weirder that it's fans of teams outside of the division. Most wings fans including me thinks it's a good signing.

Leafs fans are gonna leaf
Seems ralph krueger did more than delay Dahlin's development. Seems he also convinced the rest of the league that dahlin just isn't that good. Sabres fans are here to tell you that he is. He really is.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Solid deal, yes, but it's not going to look like the Draisaitl or MacKinnon deal in 3-4 years as a steal for the team.

But that's how it goes now, the young 'uns are demanding the big bucks and as a result a big slice of the cap space and they're getting it.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Even if he wins a Norris, I'm not sure I'd ever call it a "steal." Seems like one of those deals that will never look overly good or bad for either side.
Then it's right where it needs to be. This deal won't kick in until EK and DD are what like 6 & 5 years into their own $11 mill AAV deals. So, time has passed. And these are all prime years.
If a 28 year old Dahlin signed this, I'd say it's not a great deal given the backend probably won't be great.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
He’s 23 years old. You can see the talent. Relax. Contract doesn’t start until next year. Cap is going way up.
I guess they can hope Dahlin learns to defend 1on1s and rushes by the year 4 or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad