Waived: [BUF] D Jacob Bryson waived by the Sabres (cleared)

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
He was impressive in the few games I watched of his in his rookie season with the Sabres... great puck control, walked the offensive blueline really well. I would be interested in putting a claim but based on these comments sounds like kinda sucks now.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
He was impressive in the few games I watched of his in his rookie season with the Sabres... great puck control, walked the offensive blueline really well. I would be interested in putting a claim but based on these comments sounds like kinda sucks now.
He doesn’t suck. But he has no place on this team the way it currently stands. If you could pair him with a physical partner, preferably a stay at home type, he could work. He has good stick d and can move the puck out. He juggles hand grenades in the nz and oz.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I wouldn't mind the Canucks putting in a claim considering how weak our RHD spot is, although depends if the Canucks are going to make a trade for a top 4 RHD.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He doesn’t suck. But he has no place on this team the way it currently stands. If you could pair him with a physical partner, preferably a stay at home type, he could work. He has good stick d and can move the puck out. He juggles hand grenades in the nz and oz.

Agreed - as a defender, he's actually not bad. Where he falls down (literally and figuratively) is accomplishing anything offensively. His pinches offensively are often ill-timed and he has no confidence in his shot. He creates nothing which is a big reason why his old fashioned +/- is so terrible - there are no pluses. And it's gotten worse over the last 18 months.

He'll clear and I doubt they should qualify him this summer.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He’s a solid reserve dman. Good skater, very quick but very small and creates nothing.

Hard to be a regular in the NHL at that size if you aren’t creating anything. They don’t make 5-9 stay-at-home defenders with no offense for this league.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He’s a solid reserve dman. Good skater, very quick but very small and creates nothing.

Hard to be a regular in the NHL at that size if you aren’t creating anything. They don’t make 5-9 stay-at-home defenders with no offense for this league.

That's exactly his problem - he generates nothing. He has no confidence in anything he does in the offensive zone and it leads to mistakes that lead to chances against. He's not a bad one-on-one defender but the inability to do anything at all with the puck is amazing. Amazingly bad.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
He’s a solid organization # 8. But yea, AHL bound on most decent teams
Not really

That's exactly his problem - he generates nothing. He has no confidence in anything he does in the offensive zone and it leads to mistakes that lead to chances against. He's not a bad one-on-one defender but the inability to do anything at all with the puck is amazing. Amazingly bad.
He stinks at BOTH ends of the ice. He does not think fast enough for the NHL level. The idea he will be claimed at $1.85 M has been hilarious all season.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
it could be for santa claus coming down my chimney and I'd still celebrate with cookies and milk. Take this dude back to the north pole away from the nhl and I'll be good for xmas.
To be fair he's mostly polished the bench with his ass. It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it.

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
It would not surprise me if he is claimed
He can bring the puck up nice but not needed on a team with power and dahlin. Wish him the best and hope he gets a shot elsewhere

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It would not surprise me if he is claimed
He can bring the puck up nice but not needed on a team with power and dahlin. Wish him the best and hope he gets a shot elsewhere

It was no surprise that he wasn't given his cap and real dollar hit for what he provides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad