Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Casey Mittelstadt re-signed with the Sabres (3 yrs, $2.5M AAV)

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I watched plenty of Sabres games.

He's getting paid for the 20 good games at the end of the season.

I have less issue with the AAV and more issue with the term.

I've got 130+ games that says he's not a NHLer and 25 games that says he might be OK.

Not sure how that gets you a 3 year deal, but Buffalo pretty much has zero leverage because they have no NHL centers once Eichel is moved other than Mittelstadt.

As a Sabres fan, I'm hoping he grows a ton this year. My guess is the 40-ish point range, but that will be with getting PP1 and high ozone starts.

What a player has done isn't the only way they get paid. They get paid on potential too and if it's reasonable to think he can achieve that.

This is a good bridge deal for Buffalo. Mitts showed his potential is still there with how he played last year and he'll only be 25 when this new deal ends. High end offensive potential, good two way ability, seems to be a team first guy, and he's still 22. There's still things he needs to work on but I think he'll be a top 6 center in this league.

Reactions: Irie

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
If the Sabres are gonna crawl out of this hole sometime, they need Mittlestadt to outperform this deal.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Even if he completely shits the bed he still could be buried for 1.5M of deadcap? Is that really what everyone is fretting about?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: