Proposal: BUF-BOS

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
right so i was arguing on the other side. Eichel gets a point for being a center. Pastrnak gets a point for being more durable over the last 5 years. Pastrnak gets a point for scoring more points over the last 5 years. Pastrnak gets a point for having a contract thats 3.5 million cheaper. 3-1 pastrnak. So i think the difference in value between pastrnak and eichel is worth something, not quite reinhart on its own. So a reclamation project 23 year old former 25 goal scorer and a bottom 6 energy guy center with some potential as well to me made up the difference.

eichel and pastrnak are close but id never go 1-1. (Mostly contract, durability, and production related) though. Athough eichel does take face offs so that might be a wash to sabres fans?

I agree with bolded. Reinhart is better. Debrusk + frederic for reinhart bad deal for buffalo.

I understand why that contract is viewed as a plus for most, but not to the Sabres. What do you think is more valuable to them, someone on a bargain contract for two more years? Or someone signed long term to a reasonable contract?

pasta being cheaper for the next two years does nothing for the Sabres. We aren’t contending for the cup where a 3.5 mil difference moves any needle. But pasta leaving in two years kills the value. Sabres can’t move eichel and literally have nothing to show for it in two years. A bargain contract helps most teams, not really the Sabres.

Pasta’s contract isn’t a -1 for the Sabres, it’s a giant deal breaker. Adding in that we lose reinhart for two lesser pieces, hopefully you can see why this trade isn’t great for the Sabres. It’s not the value isn’t there in a vacuum, it’s not there for the Sabres who are in a dark dark fragile place lol.

this is not the eichel trade that helps them turn it around in the short term or long term.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I understand why that contract is viewed as a plus for most, but not to the Sabres. What do you think is more valuable to them, someone on a bargain contract for two more years? Or someone signed long term to a reasonable contract?

pasta being cheaper for the next two years does nothing for the Sabres. We aren’t contending for the cup where a 3.5 mil difference moves any needle. But pasta leaving in two years kills the value. Sabres can’t move eichel and literally have nothing to show for it in two years. A bargain contract helps most teams, not really the Sabres.

Pasta’s contract isn’t a -1 for the Sabres, it’s a giant deal breaker. Adding in that we lose reinhart for two lesser pieces, hopefully you can see why this trade isn’t great for the Sabres. It’s not the value isn’t there in a vacuum, it’s not there for the Sabres who are in a dark dark fragile place lol.

this is not the eichel trade that helps them turn it around in the short term or long term.

fair enough. Moving eichel will be difficult if you dont see his contract as a minus to most teams looking at acquiring him

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
fair enough. Moving eichel will be difficult if you dont see his contract as a minus to most teams looking at acquiring him

I think the Sabres are more than happy with eichel being difficult to move haha. It’s a very bad franchise right now. Players being locked into their contracts isn’t the worst thing for them

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Not a fan of either team but Pastrnak seems the better, most decisive player. I know he is not a center, but I believe in a cup run, I'd rather Pastrnak than Eichel, just an opinion though

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Just spitballing another possible deal:

To Buffalo:

David Pastrnak
Jack Studnicka (Boston's best C prospect)

To Boston:

Jack Eichel (with or without salary retained)
Tage Thompson or 2022 second-round pick

The Bruins could absorb the loss of Studnicka with Eichel and would still have Beecher and Frederic as the team's remaining C prospects.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
As a Boston fan this would be tough. I don't think I'd be able to part with Pasta, his Dunkin donuts commercials are gold. That alone makes me say no to the deal.

Reactions: Hookslide

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Just spitballing another possible deal:

To Buffalo:

David Pastrnak
Jack Studnicka (Boston's best C prospect)

To Boston:

Jack Eichel (with or without salary retained)
Tage Thompson or 2022 second-round pick

The Bruins could absorb the loss of Studnicka with Eichel and would still have Beecher and Frederic as the team's remaining C prospects.

Tage thompson i initially thought was kind of a bust right? I dont remember him being 6-7 when he was drafted, thats massive. Think that deal is better for buffalo than my op. Not bad necessarily and something i might counter with if i really want eichel and buffalo balks at my offer. I might force buffalo to take moore though in your offer

Reactions: Estlin

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I think the Sabres are more than happy with eichel being difficult to move haha. It’s a very bad franchise right now. Players being locked into their contracts isn’t the worst thing for them

i think 2 years is enough time to work out an extension with pasta/move him again if he says no. I think hed stay in buffalo though if he got a monster deal. Not just saying that; i feel like he’d go wherever gave him the most money.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Eichel>>>Pasta
Care to explain how? Especially including the $3.5M in savings...

I can't wait to see your reaction when Eichel gets traded and no player even close to Pastrnak in value is included

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
nowhere near enough.....a center needs to come back...Boston has none
Nowhere? I disagree. Pastrnak is one of the best scorers in the NHL. Better goal scorer than Eichel. Each team is losing a truly elite player, which alone makes it somewhat close in value. The other parts also favor Buffalo. Esp if you all go with Studnicka.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->