GDT: BUF at NYI in Oshawa...radio only preseason finale

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
what the hell makes Erod droppable? He was productive and not a liability last season and can even mesh with Eichel, Mittelstadt, and Reinhart well. There is a plethora of forwards I would drop before him.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
what the hell makes Erod droppable? He was productive and not a liability last season and can even mesh with Eichel, Mittelstadt, and Reinhart well. There is a plethora of forwards I would drop before him.
The easy answer: the quality of executives in the NHL is (for many reasons) by far the absolute worst of any pro sports league in all of North America. Teams literally make terrible decisions on a daily basis that pretty much any fan could tell them was a bad idea.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
I thought Rodrigues had an ok game I liked his line tonight with Girgs and Pominville. They spent a lot of time in the O zone. If they can keep up their play from tonight they would be a capable nhl 4th line.

It didn’t seem like skinner had the puck much but he had 2 nice goals. He is dangerous without the puck which is starting to make me think he could work with Eichel.

Dahlin was good scored a goal. Had a couple blunders in his own zone thinking he had more time than he did much like last game.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Imo Nylander did enough tonight to make the team. He worked his a** off tonight. His positioning was so good. So many times he was intercepting passes stripping guys of pucks because he was in the perfect place. His line mates didn’t help him much tonight.
Thank you for supporting something I said two months ago and was attacked for.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I thought Rodrigues had an ok game I liked his line tonight with Girgs and Pominville. They spent a lot of time in the O zone. If they can keep up their play from tonight they would be a capable nhl 4th line.

It didn’t seem like skinner had the puck much but he had 2 nice goals. He is dangerous without the puck which is starting to make me think he could work with Eichel.

Dahlin was good scored a goal. Had a couple blunders in his own zone thinking he had more time than he did much like last game.
Dahlin just needs time to adjust to the smaller ice surface, faster physical part. It will come in time just like I said in the other thread and was told I was wrong. On that note I am told a lot that I am wrong and turn out I am right. :)

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Two months ago I said Nylander would make the team and got laughed at. Lmao, nice post though.
Will definitely give you credit for being bold with that one. It's like sometime in the last few months the light went on in his head and he did a 180 as a player. Really the most pleasant surprise of the entire camp.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
When did Evan Rodrigues become one of our best players? He was an above average NHLer for 2 months of the past 2 years. During most GDT's before February last year people were saying he was an AHLer that was playing over his head.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Why not play Pilut while he is up over Tennyson is anyones guess.
Let's see if good play is rewarded in the case of Nylander..it wasn't in the case of Asplund.
Gotta play your bad players in Tennyson and Beaulieu (who will be on opennight roster regardless of his play)
I rather see Pilut or Borgen

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
ERod put up 25 points in 48 games, and a lot of that came at ES.

Why would you waive a guy with that kind of production?

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
This is why the "if the sabres were a serious team, training camp would be a true competition for roster spots" just isn't practical.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
So Hunwick to IR, Tennyson, Hickey, and Guhle sent down. Leaves you with Pilut,Risto,Bogo,Scandy,McCabe, Nelson, Dahlin, Beaulieu. If he rolls 8 D that would make sense, but I would rather have Pilut play 10-15 games int he AHL before bringing him up. That doesnt hurt things at all. If Nelson or Beaulieu stink it up just send them down through waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad