GDT: BUF at NYI in Oshawa...radio only preseason finale

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
5-3 after 2.

Barzal is the best player on the ice by a mile. Never really watched him before but man am I impressed.

Nylander is having a solid game. He is back checking really hard, broke up a couple plays.

Pominville actually looks useful tonight, he’s made some solid plays same with Reino

Reactions: sabremike

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Poor Lehner. Anyone know who is playing center with Reinhart and Skinner?
Sobotka in on the first goal celebration, Okposo on the second. No idea if there’s any pattern to that, or there was a line change (or either one was a ppg...)

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Reinhart should just center Skinner on the 2nd line and have Sheary Eichel as the top pairing.
I heard he wasn't comfortable at center. But having Reino on the wing with Skinner on the same line might look good. Who knows what will happen though

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I heard he wasn't comfortable at center. But having Reino on the wing with Skinner on the same line might look good. Who knows what will happen though
I'd be pretty pissed if I had to center Seth Griffith for the first 20 games of a contract season. I'd be much happier centering Jeff Skinner. There isn't a duo that makes less sense on this team than Eichel and Skinner. And there isn't a duo that makes more sense than Skinner and Reinhart. If we are going to try Reinhart at center that is.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
Really liking Nylander tonight. He’s hard on the puck causing guys to turnover pucks. They had him on the point on the power play and he was distributing nicely. Laid a hit on Boychuck and shortly after boychuck came back at him with a hit and Nylander was barely phased

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I'm not sure what that means. Can you explain?

He goes out of his way to mention everything Thompson does wrong. Has said multiple times tonight Thompson does things that drives the coaches crazy, how his play has tailed off as pre-season has gone on, how he hasn't enough to stand out the past few games. In years past Hamilton went out of his way to mention how great Guhle was. Even going as far as bringing up how great of a skater Guhle was when talking about Rasmus Dahlin.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Duff said on the radio broadcast he doesn’t think Guhle, Erod or Thompson have done enough to stand out and make they team. Thinks they are likely candidates to get sent down

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Reinhart should just center Skinner on the 2nd line and have Sheary Eichel as the top pairing.

When they acquired Sheary I always figured it was to ride shotgun with Eichel. Not the most talented guy, but he has had success playing with an elite, puck dominant player (i.e. exactly what we want Eichel to be). Eichel isn't the guy who needs the elite wingers if he's the kind of player we think he is. He just needs capable ones who can play off what he does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->