Confirmed with Link: Buddy Robinson College FA Signs with Sens

Berserker*

Interesting signing. He must have some nice potential to warrant a contract.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Buddy? I know there's a Bud Norris in baseball but I think it's the first time I've seen someone named "Buddy".

I bet Aragorn will like this signing.. :naughty:

I know nothing about this guy, but it's interesting how the Murrays keep adding more size into the organization. Don't you think so? I'm a little surprised they didn't get Sustr, I thought they were the front runner on him.

Nice signing if it happens. He's a long shot but it never hurts to have a scary guy on your team. At a minimum he should help protect our prospects in Binghamton.

Exactly, it may mean that Jessiman won't be re-signed but c'est la vie.

Berserker*

I know nothing about this guy, but it's interesting how the Murrays keep adding more size into the organization. Don't you think so? I'm a little surprised they didn't get Sustr, I thought they were the front runner on him.

Exactly, it may mean that Jessiman won't be re-signed but c'est la vie.

Sustr probably felt he had a better chance to play in Tampa then in Ottawa. Also the Senators may have not been as interested in him as was previously speculated.

Anyway Robinson sounds like a good prospect.

Last edited by a moderator:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Sustr probably felt he had a better chance to play in Tamp then in Ottawa. Also the Senators may have not been as interested in him as was previously speculated.

Anyway Robinson sounds like a good prospect.

Considering how well all our call ups have fared despite all the injuries, he'd prob be lower in our depth charts with our 3 dmen healthy and Phillips, even if Gonchar retired. Benoit, Weircoch and Gryba would all be ahead of him (seeing as they've proven to be ready and able to compete), we'd prob sign/trade for another vet this offseason, Boro is also regarded highly by our management and we also have Ceci coming up in a year or two. This isn't even considering that guys like Blood, Sdao, Wideman, Wilkstrand and Claesson may become NHLers one day.

Tampa bay? Not very much competition for him. Salo, Ohlund both are injury prone + old therefore likely to get call ups. Hedman, Aulie, Bergeron, Brewer and Carle round out their current top 7. The next dman in line is Brian Lee. So essentially he'd have to beat out 2 guys, one of which couldn't even stay in our line up.

Last edited:

Berserker*

Considering how well all our call ups have fared despite all the injuries, he'd prob be lower in our depth charts with our 3 dmen healthy, even if Gonchar retired. Benoit, Weircoch and Gryba would still be ahead, we'd prob sign/trade for another vet this offseason, Boro is also regarded highly by our management and we also have Ceci coming up.

Tampa bay? Not very much competition for him.

Exactly, Boro, Ceci and Sdao are probably not that far off either. Sustr seems like a decent prospect but if he was with Ottawa my guess is that Gryba, Sdao and Boro would all get spots in the bottom pairing/extra d man before Sustr. Sustr would either need to spend a few years in the minors or be ready to jump into a top four role. He has a much better opportunity of becoming an NHL player sooner with in Tampa than than with Ottawa.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
guy2f.jpg

buddy2.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad