Hamsterdam
The man himself...

BGN9hD9CEAAkDaN.jpg:large

Not looking too firm there Tim.

EJsens1

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
I believe the contracts that are being signed now (Hammond, Robinson if it happens) slide to next season so they don't count against our contract's for this season.

I'm no expert though.

I'm not sure. If you sign a guy now, I suspect it counts. I was talking about this the other day at the game and the rules changed slightly I was told under the new cba, he can play this year and into the playoffs. However, because of the timing and the trade deadline, guys still playing until the frozen four are ineligible to play because that is after the deadline.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Greetings Sens fans! Just saw this thread and read the story of Robinson's signing. You guys will like this kid. I saw Buddy quite a bit at Lake Superior State, so here's the skinny on him (my personal observations).

As has already been noted, he's big...very big. He plays somewhat of a similar style to Kellen Lain, who has already signed with the Canucks - can lay some punishing hits, strong on the forecheck, good offensive upside. But where Robinson is better than Lain IMO is on the defensive side (Lain IMO is a better offensive player). Buddy is very good at supporting his defensemen & goalie, whether it's in blocking shots or moving opposing players off the puck. He saw a lot of time on the Lakers' penalty-killing unit this season and really excelled as a rock solid penalty killer.

Two areas where he has vastly improved over the course of his collegiate career has been his skating and making better use of his towering frame. The size and strength he's added has greatly enhanced his skating, making his strides more powerful and providing better balance on skates. That has, in turn, added to his foot speed. As a stronger player, he is better able to move players off the puck in all areas of the ice and it has really helped improve his overall play along the walls. Robinson also does a great job of using his size to protect puck and is tough to move off of it.

If there's one weakness that Robinson has (that should hopefully continue to improve in the AHL) it's getting rid of pucks a little more quickly. At times this season, he's held on to the puck too long, usually because he was indecisive. When he does move the puck quickly, he's usually been pretty smart and confident about it.

IMO, Robinson will likely be utilized by the Sens as a shutdown, penalty-killing forward. He's not as physical as Lain is, but he also isn't afraid to mix it up either. Robinson has a high compete level and he works his tail off too.

Anyway, that's it in a nutshell. Hope this helps. :)

Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON
Greetings Sens fans! Just saw this thread and read the story of Robinson's signing. You guys will like this kid. I saw Buddy quite a bit at Lake Superior State, so here's the skinny on him (my personal observations).

As has already been noted, he's big...very big. He plays somewhat of a similar style to Kellen Lain, who has already signed with the Canucks - can lay some punishing hits, strong on the forecheck, good offensive upside. But where Robinson is better than Lain IMO is on the defensive side (Lain IMO is a better offensive player). Buddy is very good at supporting his defensemen & goalie, whether it's in blocking shots or moving opposing players off the puck. He saw a lot of time on the Lakers' penalty-killing unit this season and really excelled as a rock solid penalty killer.

Two areas where he has vastly improved over the course of his collegiate career has been his skating and making better use of his towering frame. The size and strength he's added has greatly enhanced his skating, making his strides more powerful and providing better balance on skates. That has, in turn, added to his foot speed. As a stronger player, he is better able to move players off the puck in all areas of the ice and it has really helped improve his overall play along the walls. Robinson also does a great job of using his size to protect puck and is tough to move off of it.

If there's one weakness that Robinson has (that should hopefully continue to improve in the AHL) it's getting rid of pucks a little more quickly. At times this season, he's held on to the puck too long, usually because he was indecisive. When he does move the puck quickly, he's usually been pretty smart and confident about it.

IMO, Robinson will likely be utilized by the Sens as a shutdown, penalty-killing forward. He's not as physical as Lain is, but he also isn't afraid to mix it up either. Robinson has a high compete level and he works his tail off too.

Awesome - always love your reports! Glad to hear he works his tail off - with his size, assuming his skating continues to improve, perhaps the Sens have a real diamond in the rough...

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Being interested in a player doesn't mean we'll land them

The Murrays are being proactive in making sure all levels have good players

I think they realized how amazing it was for everyone when Bingo won the Calder

I've always supported the notion that while the AHL is a development league, winning is the best kind of development: giving Bingo the tools to win only helps Ottawa

I was talking more about maximum contracts, but i guess they don't count after a certain date.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012

Wow, what a terrific report! Much appreciated!

Welcome aboard, Buddy!

DG

Sep 19, 2006
Toronto

Thanks for putting this together for us! Sounds like he'd be a solid guy to add to your bottom 6 if he can put it all together at an NHL level.

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
Buddy Robinson ‏@BuddyR16 35m
Want to thank the #Sens for this opportunity along with my family and friends who have always supported me. I'm very blessed! #GoSensGo
Details

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->