OT: Buccaneers, Rays & Other Tampa Bay Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Can the Rays be next please

Lmao yeah right. You might as well get the moving trucks ready. Stu could fund all but $1 million of the project and Hillsborough and Pinellas would still haggle over it. That stadium ain't getting built nor is a team getting supported until someone with too damn much money on their hands feels like putting one up expense free to the public in a massive area like by Raymond James or by the old Fairgrounds

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
i

Is that a ring or a Christmas tree ornament?

idk if the Cruz deal is good, but one thing many casual fans don't know is that it's impossible for PEDs to help a pitcher throw harder.

Rex Grossman has won as many NFC titles as Aaron Rodgers. I'll take Eli Manning's 2 SB trophies over Rodgers' 1.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
lol at getting Nelson Cruz at like the age of 41. Imagine doing what our front office does but having sub .500 records every year. We'd be the laughing stock of the league for all the dumpster diving we do. But thank God for the fact we consistently rattle off one great season after another.

Either way we need to do more and do better.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
lol at getting Nelson Cruz at like the age of 41. Imagine doing what our front office does but having sub .500 records every year. We'd be the laughing stock of the league for all the dumpster diving we do. But thank God for the fact we consistently rattle off one great season after another.

Either way we need to do more and do better.
It's a great signing for the Rays in that it seems to signal they are serious about going for a title and addressing areas of weakness. Cruz is a great fit as a DH and significantly improves the team against lefties, which has been a bit of a weak area. Sure, he's a rental, but I'm glad the Rays are showing the willingness to push some chips into the middle at the deadline. I'd like to see them get one more starter as well, but not holding my breath. They also only gave up their 10th and 17th ranked prospects, and they are still fairly deep with pitching prospects in their farm system.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's a great signing for the Rays in that it seems to signal they are serious about going for a title and addressing areas of weakness. Cruz is a great fit as a DH and significantly improves the team against lefties, which has been a bit of a weak area. Sure, he's a rental, but I'm glad the Rays are showing the willingness to push some chips into the middle at the deadline. I'd like to see them get one more starter as well, but not holding my breath. They also only gave up their 10th and 17th ranked prospects, and they are still fairly deep with pitching prospects in their farm system.

Well you are indeed right about this. My only three thoughts are "We win the World Series in 2008 with a trade for Jason Bay" "I hope we learned our lesson" and "I'm glad our front office was willing to move on from Tsatsugo and find another bat later that probably can't be any worse"

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
probably going after someone like Berrios before the deadline
Yeah, hopefully the Rays have at least one more big move to address the rotation. The offense is good enough imo to make a run, but with Archer and Glasnow injured, and now Hill traded, don't see it with the starting pitching(bullpen is fine).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad