OT: Bucs, Rays & Other Florida Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Bucs just need to move on from Winston. Not being able to hit Jackson in stride after having over a calendar year with the guy just tells you he will never reach the next level

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah it's pretty ridiculous and pathetic that old fart backup Fitzpatrick can easily hit him a billion times for TDs while Jameis can only get him on a slant.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Oh look he actually hit DJax deep for once. Go figure.

Catanzaro misses the millionth extra point in a row. What a loser.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
I would've benched him after the 2nd int no clue how he wasn't pulled after the 3rd. Only to reward that indecision with throwing a pick 6 on the very next throw. :mad::help:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Should've pulled Jameis sooner. Fitz proved he would have won that. DJax demanding a trade but I would trade Jameis and he would be happy staying.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Should've pulled Jameis sooner. Fitz proved he would have won that. DJax demanding a trade but I would trade Jameis and he would be happy staying.

I sincerely doubt Jackson will hold to his request if we keep winning and getting him the ball. I completely understand his frustration and do not fault him one bit. Winston is termimally dumb with the ball and our coaching staff refuses to move on. Jameis' carelessness makes Stamkos and Kucherov look like moderates.

I rarely say this about a player but I do not want to see him play for us again. His first pass was a pick 6. If his career could be summed in a single moment it would be that one.

Thank God we are only 3-4 there is plenty of time to turn this around. Absolutely no need to panic about the record yet. Take care of business in Carolina and we're back in the hunt. I actually think we can beat DC and the NYG if we take care of the ball. Then suddenly 7-4 and a happy Jackson but that's of course the most positive of thinking.

But at any rate I think the nightmare is over. Fire Koetter on the spot if he dares to start Winston next week

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
The Bucs made history again today. Not since 1960 has a team had 500 yards of total offense and scored a whooping 3 points!

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
And Koetter took over the playcalling why?

Because it wasn't obvious enough that he needed to let go of it forever. The team has literally just given up now. I wasn't a big Lovie Smith fan but God we gave up on him for THIS? You get what you deserve when you double down on Winston and Koetter. Back to the drawing board. Even Man U is a mess right now. The Glazer bros are horrible

Thank God I'm a hockey fan. Having this debacle as the only sport to look forward to every week would drive me nuts. I just wish baseball wasn't so discouraging sometimes

Reactions: Hoek

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It's weird I don't even really care about football that much but I can't look away from the train wreck (actually I didn't watch this one since Boca vs. River soccer game took obvious priority, but still).

Glazer kids need to get out of sports. Clearly don't know what they're doing.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's weird I don't even really care about football that much but I can't look away from the train wreck (actually I didn't watch this one since Boca vs. River soccer game took obvious priority, but still).

Glazer kids need to get out of sports. Clearly don't know what they're doing.

You're not kidding. You can have all the money on Earth but it doesn't make a difference if you don't know how to run a team. The first thing Vinik did was admit to that he has no idea what he is doing but will make moves and recuse himself. In so doing the guy is responsible for two moves ever: hiring Yzerman -who by the looks of it is one of those "smartest guys in the room at all times" because of HOW he thinks and was tutored by the Wings. Guys like Vinik know and understand outside the box thinkers. Then Leiweke who was so creme de let creme he later became COO of the NFL and Vinik used his business connections to put it together and hire a guy he knows that KNOWS what he is doing. The brothers Glazer don't know how to do that and the fact they won't do as Vinik has is why the Bucs cannot and will not take the next step.

The Rays I actually do think know what they're doing but do not have enough local support at the business and fan level to run a viable operation and what we are subjected to is simply financial constraints to what would otherwise be a world caliber baseball team.

All we can do is force an ownership change for the Bucs. I will never fault the Glazer bros for not trying. They do seem like they care. But there's a difference between being the guy that built the empire and knowing what it takes and being trust fund kids who think this is fun. We cannot be a side chick to the most powerful sports entity in the world in Man U. It's too much responsibility and it shows

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yet another game we could've won if we didn't turn the ball over like... 1 million times.

At least new kicker made all his kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad