OT: Bucs, Rays & Other Florida Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
And also, if the Rays are willing to put up at least 1/4 of the cost out of pocket then I've got zero problems contributing to the project as a taxpayer. People need to realize that despite the fact these owners are billionaires, they have their money tied up in other ventures that allow them to be billionaires in the first place. If you take all the money out for a ballpark your investments will go belly up. And at the same very few of us have money to put down on a house all at once. When you're talking hundreds of millions of dollars it makes even less sense to ask someone else to do it for a ballpark.

Whatever happens I hope it happens quickly. This fiasco has dragged on for 10 years too long

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I just have questions over how many teams this place can support on our incomes. Would be a lot easier math with the Rays out of the equation.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
LOL Rays trade Odorizzi for yet another shortstop. They're not even f***ing trying anymore. This guy is like the 5th shortstop we already have in the system. Better trade Archer to the Nationals for Adam Eaton too just to be safe! Oh and.... AND they designate Dickerson for assignment.

The tank is on and it is real folks. But leave it to guys like Cash to try and convince these guys to win as many games as humanly possible.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Rays are trading Souza for prospects.

Along with Souza, right-handed pitcher Taylor Widener has been acquired from the Yankees. In exchange, #Dbacks send Brandon Drury to the Yankees and Anthony Banda and 2 players to be named to the Rays. Rays also acquire Nick Solak from the Yankees.

In other news.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL

Lmao, we had Souza on a reasonable contract for several years right? I am pretty much done with this team. I hope they f***ing move. I am not going to buy any merchandise, attend any games or even watch them on TV. I am done.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
DWa6JBgUMAA6Ex7.jpg:large

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Holy God this Rays team is gonna be so bad. All we gotta do is trade Archer and KK and this is officially the worst team in baseball by a mile. Like losing 105 games bad

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Holy God this Rays team is gonna be so bad. All we gotta do is trade Archer and KK and this is officially the worst team in baseball by a mile. Like losing 105 games bad

Our shady owner is about to make a fortune, then hold the city ransom to build a new stadium and give it to him like the Glazers.

Baseball really needs to reduce the amount of teams in the league anyways. I say, GTFO out of town or close up shop. You won't be missed Rays.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Our shady owner is about to make a fortune, then hold the city ransom to build a new stadium and give it to him like the Glazers.

Baseball really needs to reduce the amount of teams in the league anyways. I say, GTFO out of town or close up shop. You won't be missed Rays.

I sincerely doubt that Tampa is in any mood to be held hostage like it was with the Bucs.

I'm not gonna stop watching games and going to games just because they got rid of all the players. The farm team is full of guys who have just been sitting around waiting to get their shot and have no business ever playing in Durham again. Guys like Stanek, Honeywell, Bauers and Adames are the new nucleus of the team. It's not like they didn't just win a championship.

I've been calling for a full rebuild of the team since 2014 and I'm not gonna whine and bitch now that I'm actually getting it.

The only reason I am upset is because it's not like we're getting good players back. We just traded Odorizzi for a guy who is like our 4th best organizational shortstop now. At least to the credit of Nick Solak he's ranked the 5th best 2B prospect in baseball. These other guys are turbo turds

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Last year I went to a game and saw garbage strewn about stands in the outfield with cockroaches crawling around when I got to the game. I didn't get to the game late either, before opening pitch.

They just don't care, and it shows all over.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Stu is giving us the middle finger. It was doomed from the start with that god awful location. If Stu sold I might reconsider but I refuse to give that dirtbag a dime. He doesn't live here or support Tampa. Dude is a Yankee fan. He can kick rocks.

Reactions: Major4Boarding

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Stu is giving us the middle finger. It was doomed from the start with that god awful location. If Stu sold I might reconsider but I refuse to give that dirtbag a dime. He doesn't live here or support Tampa. Dude is a Yankee fan. He can kick rocks.

He says they never have been profitable at any point in time since buying the team. Maybe I don't understand how this works but if he bought the team for around $200M in '04 and the team is valued at $825M...

Tampa Bay Rays on the Forbes MLB Team Valuations List

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
I still can't believe that Rays Tank is a real thing. I thought some fan made that graphic up as a joke when I posted it the first time. I'm in disbelief.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
He says they never have been profitable at any point in time since buying the team. Maybe I don't understand how this works but if he bought the team for around $200M in '04 and the team is valued at $825M...

Tampa Bay Rays on the Forbes MLB Team Valuations List

That's not liquid cash. I've heard he's using some fuzzy math and his background would never allow him to operate in the red for multiple seasons. It's a lie. They get enough money to cover expenses/payroll/etc. Dude is who he is...can't wait till he is gone.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don't know if this is the thread for this and I'm not a big fan of sob stories but I thought it was cool that Stoneman Douglas won the tier 1 State championship in ice hockey beating Jesuit. I don't know how high school hockey works in regards to tiers and all that, there wasn't any high school hockey when I was in high school. I played travel and the South Florida teams were always the best, Coral Springs was a powerhouse so not too surprising to see Parkland being pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad