Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
https://deadspin.com/the-nfl-s-quarterback-middle-class-is-dying-1820880389
Specifically:
As one source explained it to PFT, no one currently in the league office is regarded as a capable, immediate replacement for Goodell. Tod Leiweke and Brian Rolapp are possibilities, in time. For now, though, there’s no one who could easily and seamlessly take over.​
Okay, so two things. One: if there really isn’t anyone else in that office capable enough to replace Goodell, then why the f*** do they even work there? Two: It’s Roger Goodell, man. He’s EMINENTLY replaceable.

I'm curious about this as when Tod left the organization, the NFLPA had been telling people, at least verbally and not formally, that Tod was going to be the successor to Goodell and quite soon, too.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
The Bucs are so frustrating to watch Thank god we have the lightning to give us all some sports joy. Bucs are underperforming with so much raw young talent and someone needs to be fired.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Marc Topkin says the Rays are gonna have a firesale and sell off Longo,Archer, and others. I suppose that is one way to just completely torpedo what little fan support is left.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Marc Topkin says the Rays are gonna have a firesale and sell off Longo,Archer, and others. I suppose that is one way to just completely torpedo what little fan support is left.
Might as well... What are we holding out for, a barely. 500 season? Start over, trade for great prospects and give us a team that's actually going to win in a few years

Last edited:

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Might as well... What are we holding out for, a barely. 500 season? Start over, trade for great prospects and give us a team that's actually going to win in a few years

Except I think we both know we won't get fair value back for them and to trade away the face of the franchise while you are trying to get a new stadium doesn't seem very smart.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Rays are moving to Tampa, expect an announcement later this week / into next week.

Tampa Bay Business Journal has an article this past Friday about this but its subscription based and I can't share it. There is this (SB Nation - DRaysBay.com)

Rays Stadium Search: News outlets report Rays have already chosen Ybor City
Here’s why an announcement hasn’t been made yet.

By Daniel Russell@d_russ Jan 30, 2018, 1:41pm EST

The Tampa Bay Business Journal is reporting that Christaldi, along with Sykes Enterprises CEO Chuck Sykes, is in the process of setting up a nonprofit called Tampa Bay Rays 2020, which has targeted 215 local business leaders to help coordinate the development of land around the Rays stadium site, and to farm pledges for those necessary aforementioned ticket commitments.
The previously rumored non-profit and its leaders are expected to be announced in the next month, and it’s vital that non-profit exist.

Stu's still gotta pony up more than that paltry 20% he's stating he's going to. Sure its a negotiation and you always start low-ball. That's ball-punch worthy though

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Tampa Bay Business Journal has an article this past Friday about this but its subscription based and I can't share it. There is this (SB Nation - DRaysBay.com)

Stu's still gotta pony up more than that paltry 20% he's stating he's going to. Sure its a negotiation and you always start low-ball. That's ball-punch worthy though

My sources have told me it's already been signed and good to go, they were waiting on the All Star game to be over so they didn't steal / share the limelight.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
My sources have told me it's already been signed and good to go, they were waiting on the All Star game to be over so they didn't steal / share the limelight.

It's so hard to get excited about the Rays after the last decade. I can only hope that since they're literally playing in Jeff Vinik's city that the two sides come to work together somehow. I'm not talking about buying the team, but maybe joining in as another chairman who will help ownership make the big choices but also maybe to help find a way to merge the Lightning foundation with the baseball team across the street and the Rays can start their own community hero legacy. The man will eventually go down as the single greatest philanthropist bay area has ever known and were he to join the Rays I have to imagine that Lightning fans would flock to the Rays in droves simply out of loyalty to the person who is building a dynasty we only ever could have dreamed of for the city and for our hockey team.

In 10 years we're not even going to recognize Tampa anymore

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I don't know why it's necessary to delay the announcement further into next month. Businesses aren't suddenly going to be any more inclined to support the project if you stretch things out. This whole process has taken long enough and the more the Rays sit around on this idea the more it's gonna end up costing them in the end.

Just tell me what you need so I can vote already. Simple as that

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
It'll be about a mile from Water Street so I'm hoping that with all the upcoming construction, they also work in an extension for the trolley system to take people from downtown to the pending stadium and essentially make the stadium the unofficial end of Water Street.

The Gandy extension from the Selmon corrolates to the pending stadium to make a direct and fast route for people to travel to and from St. Pete among just traffic congestion between the lights on Gandy Blvd.

I don't know for any certainty but I believe Vinik is involved in some manner which would help the Rays rebuild support.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Rays to announce Tampa’s Ybor as preferred site of new ballpark, says Ken Hagan

svvIbcN.png

I'll believe it when I see it. Don't want to get my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->