OT: Bucs, Rays & Other Florida Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
I read that the teco property to the west is not part of the current 14 acres and that they are willing to discuss selling it. Depending on height a decent parking garage could be put there. Also there are a lot property around the site that I'm sure would sell for the right price once the stadium is a sure thing.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
I have it on "good" authority ( close co-worker is an immediate family member of a Rays VP ) there is a VERY high probability it will have a retractable roof/natural grass and that unless something unforeseen happens it will be on the Ybor site......or Montreal. :)

Last edited:

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I have it on good authority that people are going to get mugged outside the stadium until the property is developed.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cutler out tonight, Matt Moore in for Dolphins. Big game tonight. They go 5-2, tied with Patriots for Division.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Hope the Rays owner is planning on paying for it all.
Otherwise, that shit ain't happening here.
Buckhorn already spent tens of millions this year alone on stupid shit.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Hope the Rays owner is planning on paying for it all.
Otherwise, that **** ain't happening here.
Buckhorn already spent tens of millions this year alone on stupid ****.
They will probably raise the taxes on tourists as much as possible.

Personally I would be fine if the Rays left. Not a baseball fan. If not, at least don't make me pay for it.

Reactions: Hit The Lights

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I don't care what it costs. I'll pay my share for the Rays. Asking an owner (billionaire or not) to pay for the whole thing is insane. It would be like asking any of us to give up $10 when all you have is $20. We don't naturally do that unless it's super important. Now we're talking millions of dollars here? More money more problems. But despite all of this Stu needs to get off the pot or shit because this has dragged out long enough. He can nickel and dime the Rays but he's not gonna get away with doing that to Tampa. The team will move before we play hard ball with this guy the way Katz did with Edmonton.

I was simply hoping for a site selection by New Years but if there's not a method figured out on how to pay for it by spring time then I'm gonna start getting pissed. Mayor Kriesman has done nothing but put the best interest of the Rays ahead of everything else compared to Mayor Foster who just stalled the process as long as he could to sustain a baseball team in a city that had neither the business and population base to support it.

In the meantime I'm tired of watching this team lose because we can't afford talent worth a damn. We drafted at the top of the pile for years and unsurprisingly built a great team because of it. Now that all the top talent is gone we're stuck in .500 hell and I'm sure we're gonna take a flyer on a bunch of over the hill players just trying to get one last payout.

I'm on board with trading Longoria. The best player in our brief history deserves so much better than this and deserves an actual shot at a championship.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
I don't care what it costs. I'll pay my share for the Rays. Asking an owner (billionaire or not) to pay for the whole thing is insane. It would be like asking any of us to give up $10 when all you have is $20. We don't naturally do that unless it's super important. Now we're talking millions of dollars here? More money more problems. But despite all of this Stu needs to get off the pot or **** because this has dragged out long enough. He can nickel and dime the Rays but he's not gonna get away with doing that to Tampa. The team will move before we play hard ball with this guy the way Katz did with Edmonton.

I was simply hoping for a site selection by New Years but if there's not a method figured out on how to pay for it by spring time then I'm gonna start getting pissed. Mayor Kriesman has done nothing but put the best interest of the Rays ahead of everything else compared to Mayor Foster who just stalled the process as long as he could to sustain a baseball team in a city that had neither the business and population base to support it.

In the meantime I'm tired of watching this team lose because we can't afford talent worth a damn. We drafted at the top of the pile for years and unsurprisingly built a great team because of it. Now that all the top talent is gone we're stuck in .500 hell and I'm sure we're gonna take a flyer on a bunch of over the hill players just trying to get one last payout.

I'm on board with trading Longoria. The best player in our brief history deserves so much better than this and deserves an actual shot at a championship.

I would probably cry on the inside if we traded Longo.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I can't say I blame you. I want to cry on the inside knowing that Cobb is probably gonna be in pinstripes, Hickey reunited with Joe Maddon and our best pitcher is gonna be team headcase Chris Archer. None of this is getting better until we get the new ballpark built. We can't even manage to sell out a playoff game there...

We average like 13,000 people a night unless the Yankees and Sox are in town to hyper inflate the numbers. Which means that on a nightly basis Tampa is expected to produce roughly double that figure (26,000) to add to that 13,000 in order to make a 39,000 fan sellout. But lucky for us we had Mayor Foster spend 4 years stalling the process, waving the lease around saying "You don't get to move until 2027!!" The sad thing is that probably 50,000 people or more cross the Howard Frankland Bridge eastbound to Tampa about 2 and a half hours before first pitch.

Even more sad is that this would have probably been our last year in Tropicana Field.

Again I fully understand and appreciate trying to salvage a baseball team that makes millions of dollars for the city of St. Petersburg. You cannot protect the best interest of the city by letting a franchise of that magnitude just walk away. So of course Mayor Foster only ever did his job by doing what he did. But at the same time I just so sorely wish he had recognized that St. Pete was never going to build a new ballpark no matter how long he stalled the process and that stalling things out to protect business interests was scorched earth policy at best.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
At this point I'm fine with Koetter and even Licht getting fired. Those stupid losses because we couldn't kick a goddamn field goal is eating this team alive and now everything is spiraling out of control. Letting Connor Barth walk was the worst decision we've made in the last 5 years.

Every year it's the same old thing. Hype hype hype followed by disappointment

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
At this point I'm fine with Koetter and even Licht getting fired. Those stupid losses because we couldn't kick a goddamn field goal is eating this team alive and now everything is spiraling out of control. Letting Connor Barth walk was the worst decision we've made in the last 5 years.

Every year it's the same old thing. Hype hype hype followed by disappointment

Koetter was a terrible hire and it is showing. And having this team underperform so badly with the amount of talent we have is mind boggling.

Reactions: berlin

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I wish we could fire the whole Bucs locker room. Morris, Schiano and now Koetter are all victims of entire locker rooms up and quitting on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->