Rumor: Bucky Gleason secret advisor to Pegula ??

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
http://www.buffalonews.com/20130324/inside_the_nhl_sabres_need_expertise_of_former_stars.html

Looking back on a bucky piece from March by Bucky:

Need help? Let's examine the possibilities. Pegula would find he doesn't have enough jobs for all the former Sabres who could help him.

• Pat LaFontaine, president of hockey.
• Rick Dudley, general manager.
• Larry Carriere, assistant GM.
• Jason Botterill, assistant GM.
• Don Luce and Terry Martin, vice presidents of pro scouting.
• Michael Peca, player development.
• Jim Schoenfeld, consultant.
• Craig Ramsay, head coach.
• Don Lever, assistant head coach.
• Mike Ramsey, assistant coach.
• James Patrick, assistant coach.
• Scott Arniel, specials teams coach.
• Dwayne Roloson, goaltending coach.
• Randy Cunneyworth, Americans head coach.

item 1--check

Item 14- he was hired by the team

item 10 is no available for hire

I think the Nolan hire is purely a temporary hire and Nolan know that.

Last edited:

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
One thing's for sure: today is a day that Bucky has been waiting for for a decade. He'll be celebrating, and he gets early credit for breaking the story when many (including myself) laughed at him because we thought he must be trolling us.

I think his professionalism is atrocious, but he's a smart guy, and his personal insistence that the Sabres change the way they do things may be vindicated in the long run.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I think the Nolan hire is purely a temporary hire and Nolan know that.

He's been hired as the interim coach, so yeah. They mentioned during the press conference whoever they hire as the next GM will be able to bring in his own coaching staff.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
One thing's for sure: today is a day that Bucky has been waiting for for a decade. He'll be celebrating, and he gets early credit for breaking the story when many (including myself) laughed at him because we thought he must be trolling us.

I think his professionalism is atrocious, but he's a smart guy, and his personal insistence that the Sabres change the way they do things may be vindicated in the long run.

I'm not at all defending Bucky in any way shape or form.

I take column writing with a grain of salt n sports. In local media across the country it's the same.....you intentionally provoke one side or another to drive ratings.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
I was one of them and I was dead wrong. It seemed unbelievably far stretched.

Yep, and I thought he was being sarcastic. The guy deserves credit. And I have no problem whatsoever with his insistence on calling out this organization. They deserve it.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Yep, and I thought he was being sarcastic. The guy deserves credit. And I have no problem whatsoever with his insistence on calling out this organization. They deserve it.

Right and if he was being sarcastic, I would call it trolling. Hence why I did.

Karate Johnson*

Lets be fair.... Ted Nolan coming back has been a running joke mocking the stream of drunken WGR callers for over a decade.

Totally out of left field, although it does make sense with Patty back on board.

rtfirefly

Nov 13, 2013
It doesn't say a lot about the guy that people can't tell when he's reporting something or being sarcastic.

Perhaps that's because he doesn't report anything. He just grinds his axe, employs his 20-20 hindsight, engages in his breath-holding pouts, pursues his vendettas, spews his ego-gratifying proposals, indulges his delusions of influence, and uses unattributed (fabricated) quotes, and unsubstantiated (made-up) accounts to create the deception that he's functioning as a "journalist".

Sadly, his loathsome shenanigans are pretty much what a "journalist" does under the tragically debased definition of that term nowadays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->