Boston Herald Buckley: Now Bruins must adjust to being the hunted

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
:nopity::nopity:

Buckley: Now Bruins must adjust to being the hunted

Bruce Cassidy said something following the Bruins’ 4-3 overtime loss to the Philadelphia Flyers on Sunday that, on the surface, could be construed as either a lame-o excuse, or a downbeat, gloomy take on the overall state of affairs.

“I think we were running on fumes, and it showed,” is what the Bruins coach offered to the postgame assemblage of media types at the Wells Fargo Center, and let’s be honest, it drove Red Sox fans crazy over the past couple of seasons when since-deposed manager John Farrell offered that kind of spin, or anything even close to it.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Bruce Cassidy said something following the Bruins’ 4-3 overtime loss to the Philadelphia Flyers on Sunday that, on the surface, could be construed as either a lame-o excuse, or a downbeat, gloomy take on the overall state of affairs.

“I think we were running on fumes, and it showed,” is what the Bruins coach offered to the postgame assemblage of media types at the Wells Fargo Center, and let’s be honest, it drove Red Sox fans crazy over the past couple of seasons when since-deposed manager John Farrell offered that kind of spin, or anything even close to it.

Buckley. Stick to baseball. For the good of us all. Please. :shakehead

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Re: running on fumes - I totally disagree. The Belichick reference is tenuous at best.

Back-to-back games have a colossal impact on a hockey team, especially when travel is involved. I say ditch 'em.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

Rag artist! It must be killing the bean town hacks that the Bruins have traction. The radio clowns as well

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY

Lets see, hockey players skate their asses off for 15 to twenty minutes a night, getting hit by 200 lb player traveling at 20 mph. Compare that to a baseball player, who stands in one spot for about 1 1/2 hrs, running for 10 seconds, maybe 10 times a game, and sitting on his ass the other 1 1/2 hours, eating sunflower seeds.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If Buckley actually covered the team instead of just trying to stir the pot, he might realize that the B’s are in the midst of a brutal stretch of games (17 in 32 days) and injuries.

So, running on fumes was accurate, not a lame excuse.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Thrive

nonoffensiveusername

May 23, 2009
Lets see, hockey players skate their asses off for 15 to twenty minutes a night, getting hit by 200 lb player traveling at 20 mph. Compare that to a baseball player, who stands in one spot for about 1 1/2 hrs, running for 10 seconds, maybe 10 times a game, and sitting on his ass the other 1 1/2 hours, eating sunflower seeds.

My apologies to Sox fans, but for hockey players, playing baseball double header would feel like a day at the spa.

Reactions: Strafer

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Re: running on fumes - I totally disagree. The Belichick reference is tenuous at best.

Back-to-back games have a colossal impact on a hockey team, especially when travel is involved. I say ditch 'em.

And i am pretty sure it was 3rd game in 5 days on top of games being every other day for the last month or so.

Reactions: Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->