The Athletic - Boston BUCKLEY: A conversation with Bobby Orr as Bruins gear up to play Blues in Stanley Cup final

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A conversation with Bobby Orr as Bruins gear up to play...

upload_2019-5-24_3-56-24.png

upload_2019-5-24_4-1-46.png

“The Bruins? They’ve had contributions from so many players. They’ve been impressive, very impressive. I watched them all season, through all the injuries, and you see what they’re doing now, the Bergerons and the other big guys. The defense is solid, and you don’t know where it’s coming from in these playoffs. All these different guys contributing.

“The Charlie Coyle deal. Great kid. Big body, tough player — he’ll score goals for you. Guys like that are what it takes to be a winner. Of course, Tuukka is playing the best I’ve ever seen him play in his career. Z (Zdeno Chara) and (Brandon) Carlo on defense … Carlo has really improved and is really playing well. And, of course, Charlie McAvoy is a pretty good player.

“And then Clifton comes in, and Johnny Moore comes in. They don’t have Kevan Miller coming back, but he’s a guy who would be playing. Through everything, this team has been outstanding. When the (top) guys don’t score, 3 and 4 have been scoring. I’m very, very impressed with the team and the effort they’re showing, and the coaching staff has done a great job with them.”

upload_2019-5-24_4-4-6.png

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
One of the things I love about Bobby Orr is that he stayed here. He became one of us and embraced Boston; Massachusetts; and New England as his own.

Yes, he will always be Canadian at heart, and he will always be the kid from Parry Sound, but he stayed with us and will always be a Bruin ‘till the day he dies.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Had no idea he follows the team so closely, that's awesome.

I wonder if his agency has any clients on the Blues and what they think if his loyalties!

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Had no idea he follows the team so closely, that's awesome.

I wonder if his agency has any clients on the Blues and what they think if his loyalties!

Orr, now 71, is a player agent who sometimes feels conflicted when he represents players on opposing teams. He represented Patrick Sharp of the Blackhawks when the Bruins played Chicago in the 2013 Cup Final. This year is easier. His only client is Charlie McAvoy of the Bruins.

“I’ve got a ‘B’ tattooed on my arm — who do you think I’m rooting for?’’ Orr says with a laugh (there is no tattoo).

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
DAN SHAUGHNESSY
Bobby Orr reflects on two Bruins-Blues series, 49 years apart

Orr will be at Game 1 Monday. He will not be walking by his statue on the way into the Garden.

“I haven’t walked by it in a long time,’’ he says. “Once in a while, I would drive by it when it was at the other end, before the construction. I get a lot of photos from friends who are in front of it, but that’s not for me.

WFM37CD6KII6THE2ZSRNDKCU6Y.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad