GDT: Buckle Up Buttercup!!! Pred vs Canes 5/8 7pm Central

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Benching Duchene and not Ellis. Just dumb. Duchene is being creative and makes the opponent have to plan for his puck handling in their end at least
Don't disagree on Ellis. He stands out as one of the vets whose game has not evolved the right way after coming back from injury. I'd rather Fabbro or Gudbransson instead. I'm just saying if Hynes shortens the bench and Duchene is an odd man out I have zero issues with it.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Alright, folks...it's time for some Winner Pie for our playoff bound Preds. Strawberry pie with huge mounds of whipped cream. Luke K and Juuse step right up for first slices but there is plenty for all--eat hearty boys.

If you'd asked me in February would we be here...answer would have been no because for all my optimism I'm also somewhat of a math nerd, percentages were low. But they proved me wrong and good on them.

Go Preds!

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Very well played game overall. Playing a team that will shiv you in a heartbeat for the smallest mistake, we just played a steady, fast, relentless game and didn't give up much. It was awesome to see us match their speed game and show we can play with the big boys tonight.

Random thoughts:
Carrier continues to impress me. He and Ekholm are a solid pairing and have been throughout the turnaround.
Duchene throwing a heavy check out there. Playing some defense. If he could just bury it.
Both Ellis and Benning seemed to handle the puck better. We needed that.
Speaking of Ellis, those long bomb passes to Granlund with his thread-the-needle passes to Kunin were beauties. (The first one was from Ekholm.)
I want to see Tolvanen and Trenin pull the trigger more. Those two can rip the puck. Just do it.
Saros has emerged from the cocoon and is a damn good NHL starting goalie. Vezina baby.
That "roughing" call on Trenin was pure bs.
The cherry on top is knowing the Stars got knocked out. Someone check on Anson Carter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aardvarksson

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Just a fantastic game, glad I was there. And my sister was a good sport about the loss. :D

Was also thinking of 303 at the end of the game as well.
She should be. I mean, it's not like she's seen too many in recent years. Hopefully that's about to change... you never know, right?

303, I think about you every day. I hope you were able to watch this in some comfort.

To the person who asked about JW. He's in Arizona now. I see him post occasionally on FB. I'm sure he was cheering for the Preds but no doubt he sees more Coyotes games these days.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Hey guys, congrats on making the playoffs!

Random question, what is your attendance capacity at right now for Preds games? Reason for asking is I was watching highlights from tonights game and the stands in the game tonight looked to have a pretty healthy number of people in them. Like perhaps even pushing 50%? Maybe they just seat most people in the lower bowl and the upper bowl isn't being used or something?

Either way it looked great to not only see fans in the stands again, but not just the scatters dozen or so in each section. Great sign that we might finally be getting through this pandemic, at least in the US anyway with vaccination efforts ramping up so quickly.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

Random question, what is your attendance capacity at right now for Preds games? Reason for asking is I was watching highlights from tonights game and the stands in the game tonight looked to have a pretty healthy number of people in them. Like perhaps even pushing 50%? Maybe they just seat most people in the lower bowl and the upper bowl isn't being used or something?

Either way it looked great to not only see fans in the stands again, but not just the scatters dozen or so in each section. Great sign that we might finally be getting through this pandemic, at least in the US anyway with vaccination efforts ramping up so quickly.
Last I heard was 33% or about 5200

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

They said on the broadcast tonight that it was 40%. There are still a lot of rules but it's got to be more fun with 7500 than 2000!

Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I know some people that are Stars fans....they are salty today.
My kids weren't as upset as I expected. I think being young they actually care more about it than I do... so I was braced for tears and tiptoeing around on eggshells, but they mostly seem to just be mad at their own players instead of mad at me/Preds. "Enjoy your extra 4 games" is about the saltiest quote... but it's probably a good indicator of why they aren't TOO mad, because nobody really sees a path forward in the playoffs in our division. :dunno:

Reactions: bdub24 and Adz

Pr0fet

Jun 13, 2015
Crazy stuff! Never thought this would be possible a few months ago. Really proud of the rookies + Saros for making this possible. Hope the veterans are inspired by the younger guys drive and can keep it going for the rest of the playoffs.

Positives with Dallas being out, no risk Ellis is going to be embarrassed by Benn again. That offensive tackle and puck steal still haunts me.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Haula has been a great pick up as a third line center to replace Bonino. Seems to do all the little things right.

I'm proud that he's found a fit even when the scoring and offense hasn't been great.

Knowing my boy, I'm sure everyone in the locker room and coaching knows by now that his team has never missed the playoffs. :cool:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad