Injury Report: Buchnevich out 4-6 weeks with broken thumb

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Blech.... developmentally this is devastating.
I would say not really. At this point, Buch pretty much is what he is. He’s shown what he can do. Now he just needs to do it consistently.

This reminds me of the ADA injury last season. He was just starting to heat up, and I thought the injury would really f*ck his development up. But everything was fine. With Buchnevich, if it was a season-ending injury, then yes. I would hit the panic button. But not now.

Reactions: egelband

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I would say not really. At this point, Buch pretty much is what he is. He’s shown what he can do. Now he just needs to do it consistently.

This reminds me of the ADA injury last season. He was just starting to heat up, and I thought the injury would really f*ck his development up. But everything was fine. With Buchnevich, if it was a season-ending injury, then yes. I would hit the panic button. But not now.

This is exactly why it's frustrating. Playing the way he's played recently is a habit, and he hasn't been doing it long enough for it to become a habit. So there's always a concern that he won't re-start building the habit immediately on coming back.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
This is exactly why it's frustrating. Playing the way he's played recently is a habit, and he hasn't been doing it long enough for it to become a habit. So there's always a concern that he won't re-start building the habit immediately on coming back.
Maybe, but I wouldn’t say it hurts his development. But yea it will be concerning if he comes back and doesn’t continue to show that effort.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Well, it definitely happened that way with me. The break was on the short portion above the knuckle. When I broke my pinky, which was definitely a worse break, it took 6 weeks.

Mine was my fingertip, had like 5 or 6 fracture lines. Puck hit me where there was no padding while I was screening. It didn't even go in :laugh:

Either way, speedy recovery to Buch, that shit sucks.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
At least though he now knows what it takes and that he can manage to do it as well if he puts his mind to it. If the injury took place a month ago I’d be much more negative.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->