Buchnevich Destroys Marchand

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Marchand brought it on himself, but I really don't like seeing cross checks from behind like that. I was really hoping to just see a big, clean, thunderous check in open ice.

Reactions: Aeroforce

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Didn’t say they shouldn’t love him, said they can’t possibly be capable of puffing their chests out when they’ll make excuses all year for the king of the soft boys.

I don’t get it. What are Bruins fans “pretending” about as you said in your post? We are more than aware Marchand does stupid things.

But he produces consistently and does way, way, way more good than bad.

Just can’t quite figure out what you are expecting so as to not think we’re “pretending”...

Reactions: Ladyfan

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
DIDN'T a certain team fan base celebrate the Cross Check on Gallagher's neck this week......

I honestly don't think anyone celebrated it. Just like this, it's a nothing play. You play a certain way.... in the trenches, you're going to take it. Marchand takes it as much as anyone (and gives it). So does Gallagher. I guess it's cute that a guy like Buchnevich got involved and decked him in response? Meh. More respect for Lindgren. Took the abuse and dished it right back. He was a pain all afternoon and obviously got under the skin of Marchand (judging by his post game). Personally, I have a a whole lot of respect for Gallagher too. So much vanilla in this league right now it. Entertainment value is low. Guys like Gallagher, Marchand, and Lindgren make it worth watching.

Reactions: Big JD and Dijock94

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
He clearly deserved a penalty, not the only one, but one for sure.
Agreed. He clearly threw a cross check, I'd say a nice 5/10. Then he took a solid 8/10. But honestly Marchand earned a reputation and this is what he needs to deal with because of that reputation... And in the end bruins held on and Marchand is okay

Reactions: Ladyfan

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This was a make up call for a ridiculous sequence earlier in the game where Marchand started a conflict with Lindgren, and Lindgren was given a penalty sending Boston to the PP.

It ended up being all evened out with the penalties for those two sequences, so there's not much to complain about from either side.

Reactions: Machinehead

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
This was a make up call for a ridiculous sequence earlier in the game where Marchand started a conflict with Lindgren, and Lindgren was given a penalty sending Boston to the PP.

It ended up being all evened out with the penalties for those two sequences, so there's not much to complain about from either side.
There were quite a few make up calls for the NYR today, no doubt.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

He should ask his GM about the "throw in" from the Nash trade. I'm sure he'll agree with Marchand about that.

But if I was a Bruins fan, I'd hope he's joking here. He'll probably be in your front office in 10 years. If he's evaluated Lindgren's game and doesn't think he's going to have a long NHL career, he doesn't evaluate talent well.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I don't normally complain about officiating, but I thought it was bad today, and we should've gotten multiple PP's that we didn't get.
I thought all the calls were crap today, except for the one on Krug, which was the only one that produced a PP goal. Officiating was really substandard today, they would miss a call then a few minutes later make one that was clearly a make up for the one they missed. They have a hard job but today’s crew made it harder on themselves than it needed to be.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad