Buchnevich as a Plan B

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Of course our main targets are Panarin and Stone, but if we fail to sign them, I think we should look towards Pavel Buchnevich. He's a highly skilled player with a decent shot. He's been treated like s**t this season by Rangers' coach, he's spent a lot of time on the 4th line and was even scratched for several games. Despite that he's still their 5th forward in P/60 (at least 20 GP) and 4th in G/60. He has 2nd lowest minor pen/60, his S% is 19.6! He is also 6th in PP points and 3rd in PP goals while only 10th in PP minutes.
He is 23 and will become an RFA after this season and I don't think he's super excited about re-signing, so we can try to buy him for very low. He would be a great addition to Patrick's line and our PP2.
Thoughts?

cymbalizm

Feb 7, 2017
SP, NJ
I've always liked buchnevich and not liked that he was on the rangers. And I'm glad they're seemingly f***ing it up. Not sure they'd sell him low specifically to the flyers but I'd be all for it

FlyOrange

Dec 16, 2018
New York City
Of course our main targets are Panarin and Stone, but if we fail to sign them, I think we should look towards Pavel Buchnevich. He's a highly skilled player with a decent shot. He's been treated like s**t this season by Rangers' coach, he's spent a lot of time on the 4th line and was even scratched for several games. Despite that he's still their 5th forward in P/60 (at least 20 GP) and 4th in G/60. He has 2nd lowest minor pen/60, his S% is 19.6! He is also 6th in PP points and 3rd in PP goals while only 10th in PP minutes.
He is 23 and will become an RFA after this season and I don't think he's super excited about re-signing, so we can try to buy him for very low. He would be a great addition to Patrick's line and our PP2.
Thoughts?

I don't mind the idea in theory but I am having flashbacks to Brendl and Zherdev. Two players which were acquired under very similar circumstances that soon showed why they were treated they were by the Rangers. I hate the Rangers more than any other sport organization in the world but they have a lot of decent hockey people in their org. Other than some of their mistakes in terms of giving out FA contracts, they've been pretty decent at judging talent on their roster for some time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad