BU Struggling in David Quinn's First Year

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
For the first time in forty years when the BU hockey players arrived on Commonwealth Avenue in September 2013, Jack Parker was not there to greet them. For forty years, the BU hockey program had continuity, and a rock-solid foundation. Only two coaches in NCAA hockey history have won more games than Parker. In his retirement press conference, Parker admitted “I think I’m a little long in the tooth. I don’t think I’ve had the focus I need to have. I haven’t lost a step, but I don’t want to lose a step.â€

It did not take long to find Parker’s replacement. Just thirteen days after Parker’s retirement, former BU hockey player and assistant coach David Quinn was given one of the most prestigious jobs in college hockey. When Quinn was handed the keys to the BU hockey program, he was given a seemingly impressive stable of players and recruits.

The current roster included seven players drafted by NHL teams, and the list of incoming recruits included superstar Jack Eichel, who will likely be the highest drafted player to play college hockey since James vanRiemsdyk. The Terriers ended the 2012-13 season on a tear, losing to UMass Lowell in the Hockey East Finals, ending their hopes for a national championship bid. But dig a little bit deeper, and there were a number of signs that there was some trouble with the program.

http://thehockeywriters.com/bedlam-boston-university/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad