Prospect Info: BU hockey

A Few Good Males

Apr 15, 2018
Detroit, MI
wonder if Antti Tuomisto going to be in BU also
BU would make a lot sense if Kasper stays for his senior year, which he likely will unless he has a monster year this year. Having a fellow countrymen could help ease the transition, for sure.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was one of the seven Michigan schools. U of M would be ideal from a development perspective and allow for a lot of touches from Horc and/or Cleary, which is important given how raw Antti is.

Reactions: Henkka

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
BU would make a lot sense if Kasper stays for his senior year, which he likely will unless he has a monster year this year. Having a fellow countrymen could help ease the transition, for sure.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was one of the seven Michigan schools. U of M would be ideal from a development perspective and allow for a lot of touches from Horc and/or Cleary, which is important given how raw Antti is.

I would think MSU is easier to crack and Horcoff would have the connections to get him a scholarship.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Mastrosimone is 100%.
Fully working out, power skating, played some games in Boston Pro league and was in Chicago last few days skating with Steel skills coach and former teammates.
Was back on ice 3.5 weeks from injury, basically a non event outside of having to miss WJSS.
That's awesome news. He was one of my favorite picks this year and that injury was a real downer.

Reactions: lilidk

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
What sucks is Antii is already playing in the U20 leagues in Finland right now. Has already played a game. I realize College hockey hasn’t started yet but I really wonder where he will be once October rolls around.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
What sucks is Antii is already playing in the U20 leagues in Finland right now. Has already played a game. I realize College hockey hasn’t started yet but I really wonder where he will be once October rolls around.
He's not going anywhere this season.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
He's playing next year in college. This season he is playing Finnish junior.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Was it one of the reason we drafted him? Hope others will do better

Did the Wings draft him because he wanted to play NCAA hockey? No, probably not. I am guessing they drafted him because they like how he projects as a pro player.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
Apparently scouts thought he could’ve played in a better league last year but held out in order to play NCAA. Didn’t know he was playing another year in the U20 Finnish league. Not very good developmentally.

Reactions: lilidk

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
wonder if Antti Tuomisto going to be in BU also

Did the Wings draft him because he wanted to play NCAA hockey? No, probably not. I am guessing they drafted him because they like how he projects as a pro player.

I think they know that was the case.

If everything goes well, he'll be our "Parayko". After 5 years, comes in NHL as 100% ready cheap ELC defenceman which will help significantly (under the salary pressure), when our team is reaching on the top again.

It's an investment further on the future.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I think they know that was the case.

If everything goes well, he'll be our "Parayko". After 5 years, comes in NHL as 100% ready cheap ELC defenceman which will help significantly (under the salary pressure), when our team is reaching on the top again.

It's an investment further on the future.
We drafted guy who supposed to go in 3rd round in early second so he can take his time. Into development.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
We drafted guy who supposed to go in 3rd round in early second so he can take his time. Into development.

Yeah...?

Just like we took Tyler Bertuzzi 6 years ago. We took him "too soon" and it took five years for him to develop, before he was NHL regular.

Paths are different, but time scale could be the same.

Antti Tuomisto:
1 year at Finnish junriors
4 years at NCAA
6th year, 2024-25 NHL regular

Tyler Bertuzzi:
2 years at OHL
3 years a Griffins
6th year, 2018-19, NHL regular

So what's wrong?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad